Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Where's the Cat?"

Message 1 of 2

Simple.  If you want your cat back, simply explain things to your brother and SIL and ask for the cat back.   I would think they would most willingly give the cat back"if" they have not bonded with it.  If, however, they refuse to give you back the cat, your best bet would be to find another as oppose to waging a family war.  Hope it works out for you or has already.   Good luck!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Where's the Cat?"

Message 2 of 2

Hi Y'all!  I haven't been on these forums for quite some time. I have a conundrum (don't we all?!) Last May I separated from my husband and drove to Florida, intent on taking care of my parents. Didn't know for how long I'd be there. Before I left, I took my beloved cat to my brothers house and told them to keep him. He was theirs, for all intents and purposes. Part of the problem with my husband was that there were too many animals (3), and he doesn't care for cats. I was in Florida for six months. I came back to NY to have some medical issues of my own taken care of. My brother and SIL took me in; they were very good to me. My cat was very happy to have me back. I am in my own apt. now. Did not go back to Florida. I really, really, really want my beloved cat back! I realize that I did give them the cat, but I did not plan on returning to NY so soon. My apartment complex has ok'd my having an emotional support animal, my doctor has agreed that I should have one. I have a history of Major Depresion and Anxiety. I can find another cat, but I really want my own cat back! My brother and his wife have never bonded with the cat to any great extent.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet