From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Your Favorite Christmas/Holiday Memories

Message 1 of 33

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

ip3285 wrote:
@naydrn Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year to you. I enjoy reading your entries and look forward to reading many more.

@ip3285  Thank you very much and the very same wishes for you!  Merry Christmas

🎄🎄🎄

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33
@naydrn Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year to you. I enjoy reading your entries and look forward to reading many more.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

I have really enjoyed reading the memories shared so far..  I am truly blessed to have countless wonderful memories and to continue to make more with my family.  Merry Christmas to all!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

@ro46775798 wrote:

So great to hear of a fellow Clevelander visiting Higbees downtown. We also made a point of visiting Halle's Department Store (remember: "on Halle's 7th Floor we'll be looking for you to turn the keys..."?

Good ol' "Mr. Jingeling"... and great memories! Be well, and Merry Chrismas...

The Raj

Mr Jingeling..  a Cleveland tradition.  Merry Christmas to you!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

@jp99815686 wrote:

My Christmas Memory is going out to Grandpa's Christmas tree farm in Cherry Creek, NY as a young boy with Dad, Mom, and my two sister's. It was a day we always waited for, and looked forward to. It started out with Sunday Dinner, made by Grnadma Green, and was always delicious, as she was an old farmer type country cook. Then after dinner, the dishes were done, and we bundled up and went out with Dad and grandpa Green, to the tractor, and we all bundled into the triler, and began the treck up the hillside to find our tree. Dad allowed us to choose, and we always picked a tree that was way to tall, but it did not matter, because we did it together. Sotch Pine was our favorite, and we helped chop it down, as there were no chain saws back then. After we trecked back down, buried under the branches of the tree in the trailer, we sang Jingle Bells all the way. By then it was time for supper, and we looked forward to it. After supper we packed the car, tree on top, and headed home. Dad took the tree off the car and place it in a bucket outside, until the sunday before Christmas. After we all went to bed,(us kids), Mom and Dad decorated the tree, and we awoke to our tree all decked out and what a surprise. I will never forget those days, and cherish the traditions learned. Merry Christmas to all!

Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

So great to hear of a fellow Clevelander visiting Higbees downtown. We also made a point of visiting Halle's Department Store (remember: "on Halle's 7th Floor we'll be looking for you to turn the keys..."?

Good ol' "Mr. Jingeling"... and great memories! Be well, and Merry Chrismas...

The Raj

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

My Christmas Memory is going out to Grandpa's Christmas tree farm in Cherry Creek, NY as a young boy with Dad, Mom, and my two sister's. It was a day we always waited for, and looked forward to. It started out with Sunday Dinner, made by Grnadma Green, and was always delicious, as she was an old farmer type country cook. Then after dinner, the dishes were done, and we bundled up and went out with Dad and grandpa Green, to the tractor, and we all bundled into the triler, and began the treck up the hillside to find our tree. Dad allowed us to choose, and we always picked a tree that was way to tall, but it did not matter, because we did it together. Sotch Pine was our favorite, and we helped chop it down, as there were no chain saws back then. After we trecked back down, buried under the branches of the tree in the trailer, we sang Jingle Bells all the way. By then it was time for supper, and we looked forward to it. After supper we packed the car, tree on top, and headed home. Dad took the tree off the car and place it in a bucket outside, until the sunday before Christmas. After we all went to bed,(us kids), Mom and Dad decorated the tree, and we awoke to our tree all decked out and what a surprise. I will never forget those days, and cherish the traditions learned. Merry Christmas to all!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

@ip3285 wrote:

This will be a memory some day.  This past Sunday our public library held a Christmas concert sing-along.  The musicians were 11 local women who call themselves the Ukuladies.  They played ukuleles and sang popular Christmas songs such as Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Silver Bells, and about a dozen more.  The audience sang along and even the youngest child seemed to know the words to these songs.  I  think everyone in the room sang for the entire hour.  I hope this is going to be an annual event - it was so upbeat.  I think everyone left with a smile on their face and a song in their heart!

The Ukuladies. Love it!!  Thank you for sharing your new memory.  Merry Christmas 🎄❤️

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

@2Papa wrote:

My best memory of Christmas was when I was a little guy I was awakened by a noise on Christmas Eve.  I tip toed over to the top of the stairs just in time to see Santa emerge, all sooty, from the fireplace.  I watched as he placed packages, from his bag, under the Christmas tree.  He then filled all the Christmas stockings that were hung from the mantle.  He went back into the fireplace and, much to my surprise, he disappeared back up the chimney.  I ran to the window and peered outside, only to see a sleigh, pulled by flying reindeer, disappearing into the distance.  The last thing I remember was hearing "Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight"!  🎅

Wow.  That is some memory!   Merry Christmas 🎄 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season