From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Your Biggest Crush?

Message 11 of 22
Mark Lindsey
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22
I married her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

Orange... No, kidding... My biggist crush is my wife Nancy. It has been happining for over 45 years.  The light is still bright.  No one else can compare.  Frank

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

Well, she wasn't my first crush - that was Annette Funicello - but definitely my first love.  High school days in th early 1960s in Portland, Oregon and we met on a blind triple date.  She was with a friend but she and I wound up talking and kind of made our intended dates mad.  All turned out OK and we dated off and on for two years.  She went to a different HS, Wilson I to Cleveland but we spent many evening hours on the telephone actually talking.  Remember that?  We talked about things people "in love" talk about - the future, marriage, children, life.  She was a great conversationalist.  Very smart and I had the utmost respect for her!  She was, needless to say, very pretty, also!  After one date, I took her home and discovered my car (parent's car) had a dead battery.  Her mother called a tow truck from just down the hill to get the car started. She insisted on paying for it in spite of my best efforts.  After HS graduation we never saw each other again.  I saw her wedding picture in the local newspaper a few years later.  When our HS 50 year reunions were happening in 2012 I tried to locate her through their reunion committee but nobody seemed to have current contact information.  Alas, so close but so far!  Sue, if you're out there I hope you are well and happy and have had a good life!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

Oh yes, it was Annette Funicello. I am a terrible speller so here goes. From the 1st moment I saw her on the Mickey Mouse Club to the beach shows, it was love at first sight. To bad I lived in South Dakota and she was in Calif. But between her and the Beach Boys, it took me to Calif where I meet the love of my life, I thought. That took me back to South Dakota after 3 years and an old flame of her's reappeared, the Army and then the real love of my life. We have been married for many years and have 9 grandkids. Love life.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22
In 1968 I had just gotten out of the Army from the Vietnam Conflict. I was 22 and was using the GI bill to obtain my teaching certification in California, PA at their state college. I met a girl who beside being drop dead gorgeous was incredibly intelligent and a great pool player. I fell in love. This young woman's father was associated with KDKA radio and through her family I met Annette Funicello and Ann Margret, both unassuming and beautiful. Her family had them to their home for dinner, lots of other celebrities too. I was smart and stayed with my first love we have been married 43 years. We have two terrific children and wonderful grandchildren. We both went into medicine, yes she got me through medical school and we are retired in Ponte Vedra, Florida.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

Bailey Quarters (WKRP)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

Paul McCartney

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

I had a crush on a boy named Gary too, in elementary school. We went to different J.H.S., and I don't remember seeing him again after that. I don't remember having any H.S. crushes, except for one of my teachers! In college, I had a crush on one guy, but it was his BFF who had a crush on me. I'm still friends with the BFF, but totally lost touch with my crush. My friend sent me a link to the crush's FB page; time wasn't kind to his hair! Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

Your post really brought up some memories.  First FaceBook:  I have stumbled across some very interesting people on there including fellow classmates from elementary, high school and college.  It's been both good and not so much.  I was in a large graduating class and have found a few people I wish I had known better as I think we had a lot in common and could have been good friends through the years.  There are others that I wonder if we ever had anything in common at all other than we grew up in the same neighborhood.  As of now all my family lives out of town so it's a good way to stay in touch.

Now, as to the crushes I remember when I was in the 3rd grade and the new kid in school.  I discovered that a little boy who sat behind me in class had a crush on me.  When we exchanged gifts at Christmas he asked for one of my school pictures.  He gave me a pen/pencil/wallet set that looked like gold.  I didn't really appreciate it then but later learned that his family didn't have a lot of money and he had saved up his allowence for several weeks for the gift.  In the spring of that year all the kids seemed to break up into couples and Gary and I were married under the dogwood tree in the school yard in April,  We were divorced under the same tree in June since we learned we were not going to the same school in the fall.  We ended up in the same class again in high school but never got together again.

Kudos
Views