Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: You Know You Are A Baby Boomer Because...

Message 81 of 138

My brother and I were among the first students to attend the segregated school in our Mississippi town.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 138

I didn't actually have a poster of the Beatles on my wall but I went to a real, live Beatles concert on June 4th, 1964 and it was complete pandemonium! I still have the ticket stub....

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 138

@AARPTeri wrote:

You had a poster of The Beatles on your bedroom wall.

Share your answer with others here!

I'm with Teri.  On another wall, I had Clint Eastwood's spaghetti western posters.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 138
I saw the Beatles in August 1965 at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco, unforgettable!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 138

You know what a "flower child" is.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 138

I played the Partridge Family records on my little plastic 45 record player that had the little plastic thingies to fit in the center hole.

I had a Bobby Sherman poster on my bedroom wall. 

We lived in Norway (Dad was in the Air Force) when Kennedy was shot - so had no real clue about that til we moved to Dallas in '68 (I was 10).  I loved the song Norwegian wood but had no idea who the Beatles were.  lol   I should mention that, thought I didn't know it at the time, Dad loved country music.  Anyone remember Theresa Brewer and Skinny Minnie Fishtail? 

We had to wear dresses to school until I wore pants that had flowers on them, and the Principal decided pants were ok as long as they weren't jeans or hip-huggers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 138

I know I am a Baby Boomer because I knew how to have fun by playing outside with my friends. I didn't need a lot of toys to play with.  I would use my imagination - for example - I don't have a sled to go down a snowy hill, use the lid of a round garbage can.  Go inside and get an old blanket and pitch a tent using the railings on the porch.  Beg my parents not to throw out the box from a new major appliance delivery.  Cut out windows, get some crayons, cloth, whatever you could find and make a playhouse. I would jump rope, play hopscotch, play hide and seek, ride my bike, bounce a ball.  Baby Boomers were so much better off than kids today.  Technology is keeping them indoors too much with little activity.  There weren't too many obese children when baby boomers grew up.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 138

I played pong at a disco on a date

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 138

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 138
PERFECTLY said!
Kudos
Views