Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Deleted

Message 41 of 135

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: You Know You Are A Baby Boomer Because...

Message 42 of 135

I played Jax and my kids grandkids don't know what they are or how to play the game.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 135

As a boy, your first crush was Annette Funicello from "The Mickey Mouse Club".

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 135

I remember all the things everyone has posted...How much fun did we have?   Walking home from a scary movie eg...Godzilla, Dracula,   with friends and getting scared and running the rest of way home

On a more somber side,  I remember having nuclear bombing drills in school....Having to hide under our desks....like that was really going to help....Wasn't sure what a nuclear bomb blast would be like, but knew wasn't good.  After being shown those films (projector).

But all in all were good times. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 135

No helicopter parenting. Us kids were simply told "Go outside and play!" And play we did, all over the neighborhood, because there were so many other kids to play with. And we didn't have to come home until the streetlights came on!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 135

If you were born in the nineteen forthy and listen to music you could understand ,eat all that was given to you on your plate,listen to your(they knew best) parents and your elders,went to the movie and watch the new reels and cartoons and had a wondeful time.Televison(only black and white) and a telephone were luxuries.

GONE for EVER are the GOOD OLD DAYS. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 135
When you remember the days of no computers no smart phone and black and white TV
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 135

You have a blacklight and posters all over your bedroom.  Also a strobe light and you were listening to Jimmy Hendrix and Cream. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 135

We had so many kids in my elementary that they created a second shift for kids to attend. Unfortunately my sister was a grade ahead of me - she went in the mornings, I did the afternoons! I got to stay home and watch "I Love Lucy" and "Queen for a Day" which I really loved to do. We also went pop bottle and beer bottle hunting because they could be cashed in for money. It was a family outing and we tried to see who could find the most of them. We recycled everything! Wrapping paper was old newspapers preferrably the comic sections. Baseball cards were commonly put on bicycles for the "flipping" sound. We had stilts to walk on and roller skates that required keys to hold them on your shoes. Our TV picked up just a few stations and rabbit ears or high atteneas were required.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 135

I remember listening to The Phantom on the radio and using my imagination, no TV

Boondoggle

DA and Pixie hair cuts

Father Knows Best, Marcus Welby, The Lone Ranger, Gene Autry, Sky King, Groucho

Movies were $0.10, postage was $0.01 and outrage wher it was raised to $0.03, bread was $0.10

Delivered milk had cream on top that Momused to make whipped cream

Hand crank ice cream

Sadie Hawkins dances, poodle skirts, crinolins, saddle shoes, chimise, and sack dresses

Friday night dances that we could walk to safely

Car hops on roller skates

Panty raids in college

Green stamps, and $0.25/ wk savings book in grade school

Boys had to wear shirts tucked into belted pants and girls skirts had to be below the knee in public schools

sweaters worn with pearls and buttons down the back

Kudos
Views