You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: You Know You Are A Baby Boomer Because...

Message 91 of 120

penny candy cost penny. you could get pop beads out of a gumball machine.

dellwood delivered milk in bottles everyday and put them in the metal box on your front steps.

dugans would deliver cake to your house and they had great coffee rings.

bleach was also delivered to your house.

you played marbles, jacks, and hopscotch on the sidewalk.you played stickball in the street.

you could walk for miles without fear. and on halloween you could go for blocks and blocks getting loads af candy without your parents.you had bikes and roller skates with a key that you were always misplacing and you didn't wear helmets or knee pads and survived.you were supposed to be home when the streetlights came on, but i was usually late.

if a neighbor told you to stop something you were doing if it was wrong, you listened and didn't flip them the bird. in fact you didn't even know what that meant.

like so many others i remember the exact spot i was when i heard president kennedy was killed.

i wish there was a way to get all the things that were good at that time here and try to fix all that wasn't.God bless America.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 120
Penny candy didn't cost a quarter. You could leave the corner store with a bag of candy from your "allowance".
The moon walk was not performed by Michael Jackson. All eyes were glued on Walter Cronkite.
Roller skates had wheels and a key.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 120

You were born before Alaska and Hawaii were states

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 120

You can remember waking up to fresh bottles of milk on the porch. Standing to attention every morning in school with your hand over your heart saying the pledge of alleigance (one nation under God) without the controversy. Bobby socks and penny loafers.Freedom to play outside until the street lights came on , without my parents being worried about predators taking me.Cars without airconditioning, bench seats in the front and riding without a seat belt!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 120

When you remember telephones that you had to pick the receiver up and ask the operator to 

dial the number.

If you had posters of The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 120
yes
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 120

You remember watching Howdy Doody,Soupy Sales,Captain Kangeroo on your TV set that was three times the size of the screen. And your dad use to cus because the tubes kept blowing and he had to run to the hardware store for another.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 120
Where you were when President Kennedy was assassinated,
When Martin Luthor King was assassinated,
When Bobby Kennedy was assassinated,
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 120
I remember protests over the Vietnam "Conflict."I saw lots of classmates go to War in Nam.My ex-Husband was stationed at San Diego,the Sailors were proud to go serve.It was hard to see Our loved ones go to War.People called Me a War Widow.I was a Young bride and could not stand the name calling,I came back to Illinois.While My Husband was Fighting to keep Americans safe,I worked in a submarine factory.Both of Us tried to do Our part for America,and would do it all over again.God Bless America.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 120
You brought up a lot of things I had forgotten about.
Kudos
Views