Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wisdom of our Elders

Message 21 of 42

I was interested in science very early. I used to go to the library instead of eating lunch in High School. When I came across a book about Einstein, I was facinated with Relativity. It changed my life. It was contraversial at the time, and Einstein was greeted with a great big silence. But, as it is said that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I also believe that Wisdom is in the eye of the beholder. And before you can share Wisdom, you have to know the person who's behind those eyes who's beholding it. Otherwise, you too will be greeted with a big silence. For instance, a saying that I made up is that "Common Sense is not so sensible". I don't expect to get any applause for that. But, after I graduated High School, I got the privilige to be a part of the Navy's Nuclear Power Program. I learned early that there are some things you can share, and some that you can't.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 42

Rule 1: Dad is always right.

Rule 2: When Dad is wrong, refer to rule 1.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 42

My dad used to say  "I may not always be right but I'm never wrong"

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 42
Another might me "You have to carry your on backpack". As much as you think it helps you to dump your problems on a relative or friend, remember: they have their own pack to carry and you may have made it heavier. Turn it over to God or get a caring counselor or both. The reality is "only God can solve your problems or help you carry them".
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 42

My dad kept a little black book and it held pages for each one of us 6 children.  We each were given chores to do each day depending on our ages. Saturday's were our allowance day. If any of our own chores were not finished he held back the allowance until we could prove it was done. We had to save one half of our allowances every week.  We each had a little barrel bank from where my dad did his banking. When our banks were full we went to the bank with him and opened a savings account. Half of my allowance was 10 cents and it took many weeks to fill up my bank. It held about $10.00. All of us learned the value of money earned so in life it kept us thinking of how wise our dad really was to enforce this onto us.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 42
Sometimes it pays to check up on what you've heard. I've heard that expression before and it is true, so just check it out to be sure.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 42
I always must check on my spelling. Many times it is easy to make a spelling mistake. Just look it up if you are in question.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 42
Half of the things done in the world are to make things appear as they are not.
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 42
I question the wisdom of spelling believe wrong!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 42

Don't beleave anything you hear, half of what you read and everything you see.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views