Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: Where were you during the moon landing?

Message 21 of 58

My husband and I were camping on an island near Connecticut.  It was raining, but our tent gave us good protection.  There was a small buiding on the island with a TV in it.  All of the campers on the island crowded into the buiding to warch the amazing landing on the moon.

That night I had a vivid dream.  We were camping on the moon and it was somehow necessary to return immediately to earth.  It was raining on the moon and we were having all kinds of problems in getting our tent and equipment together quickly enough to escape from the moon.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Vietnam

Message 22 of 58

Vietnam

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 58

That must have been amazing watching your work at work.  YThank you for what you did for our amazing NASA program.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 58

My whole family, 6 children and 2 parents) were on vacation for 2 more days in Canada.  Wewere in our motorhome and had a small television set in it.  My dad thought we could watch the landing on the tv, but our tv broke that morning.  My dad, a tv reporter, new that this was event that all of us would remember seeing for a lifetime and it was also somethingwe should watch, so we set off from Montreal and drove straight through to our home in Connecticut.  We arrived 20 minutes before the landing and I have to admit that I remember watching that landing and in being in awe that US men walked on the moon.  Everytime I really look at the moon I remember my dad's determination that his children would witness this historical event and that men hadve actually walked on the surface of the moon.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 58

I was 12 years old. I watched the moon landing on TV with my grandparents. It was amazing! 

My grandfather said he didn't believe

the astronauts landed on the moon. He said it was a hoax.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 58

In a stuffy little third floor apartment in Ohio, married a few weeks, glued to our tiny black and white television, mesmerized.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 58

I was 21 years old.  I had typed up (on a manual typewriter) and drew all the design instructions for the manual that would become the building of the LEM. Lunar Excursion Module. My colleagues and i all watched intently as OUR work was awed by the world. And what a different world it was.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 58

I was monitoring the whole thing with my coworkers. 

I drew all the diagrams and typed up all the instructions for the manual for the building and construction of the LEM,  (On a manual typewriter by the way), while listening to the

Beatles albums with the phone to my ear that my friend called in.

I was 21 years old. What a different world back then.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 58

I was 3 years old, mom and dad were living at Cocoa Beach Florida. Dad was working for NASA at the time period when Neil Armstrong left for the moon Mom woke me up and told me the man was leaving for the moon and took me out on the patio and said see there goes the rocket ship to the moon. I was very tired and said no I can't see it. She said look up there and I said no I don't see it. Then she pointed her arm and said follow my arm and look where my finger is, I did what she told me and at the end of her finger was a little ball of fire shaking back-and-forth. It was the rocket ship headed out of our atmosphere to the moon. I imagine when the ship landed on the moon I was probably still sleeping in my bed. I am sure later that day mom had me watching on the television. I was 3 years old. But I remember seeing the little ball of fire in the night sky carrying the men to the moon.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 58

I was a scout at the time We were in Idaho at at national jamboree  listening  to the radio of the landing.Later on the astronauts sent greetings to all of us at the jamboree. 

Kudos
Views