Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where were you during the moon landing?

Message 51 of 58

I don't know......

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 58

My husband and  I and our 2 children rushed home from visiting his grandparents in Ohio.  We got the children, 9 and 10 ready for bed and we all sat down in the living room to watch.  I took a photo of them watching as Armstrong set foot on the moon and I still have the photo, a very nice picture.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 58

Well, I was a contractor with IBM at the time.   I worked at the  Clear Lake NASA facility here in Houston; and we worked with NASA on the moon landing.   I remember being in the IBM cafeteria and screaming with my co-workers when they landed.   It was so unbelievable.   It was AMAZING.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 58

Hi

I was 11

We were still living on Westbank of New Orleans LA in process of moving to Carriere MS 

We(mom, 2 brothers & baby sister & I) watched on TV not sure if Dad was home

Few weeks later we moved to rental house to live -till they got a home built - just as Hurricane Camille arrived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast 

These were big moments in my life & history I recall then 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 58

Good question!  But to be honest, I quite often can't remember where I was or what I was doing last week, let alone what I might have been doing 50 years ago.  Surely, my grandmother watched the whole thing as she stayed glued to the TV back then.  As for me though, I was probably out riding my bike.  But really, I have no clue what I was doing or where I was when the moon landing occurred.  However, I guess it went pretty darn okay, cuz they haven't stopped talking about it since.  Smile.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 58

I was 5 years old, we watched on TV.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 58

That is a very good question. I was almost 13 years old and it was summer. I cannot imagine I was any place else except our living room with the television. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Where were you during the moon landing?

Message 58 of 58

Next month is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Where were you watching it from? What do you remember about it?

If you're looking to relive the memory, check out one of these 50th anniversary events.

Where were you for the 'Giant Leap'?

Kudos
Views
Replies