Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Where were you during the moon landing?

Message 1 of 5

Hi

I was 11

We were still living on Westbank of New Orleans LA in process of moving to Carriere MS 

We(mom, 2 brothers & baby sister & I) watched on TV not sure if Dad was home

Few weeks later we moved to rental house to live -till they got a home built - just as Hurricane Camille arrived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast 

These were big moments in my life & history I recall then 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Good question!  But to be honest, I quite often can't remember where I was or what I was doing last week, let alone what I might have been doing 50 years ago.  Surely, my grandmother watched the whole thing as she stayed glued to the TV back then.  As for me though, I was probably out riding my bike.  But really, I have no clue what I was doing or where I was when the moon landing occurred.  However, I guess it went pretty darn okay, cuz they haven't stopped talking about it since.  Smile.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I was 5 years old, we watched on TV.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

That is a very good question. I was almost 13 years old and it was summer. I cannot imagine I was any place else except our living room with the television. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Where were you during the moon landing?

Message 5 of 5

Next month is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Where were you watching it from? What do you remember about it?

If you're looking to relive the memory, check out one of these 50th anniversary events.

Where were you for the 'Giant Leap'?

Kudos
Views
Replies