From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What was your first car

Message 31 of 112

1966 Volkswagen 1300 with sun-room. Fun to drive.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 112

1957 Ford Country Squire. Got from my mother.  4 door, two tone paint.  I added a 4 speed floor shifter 312 y block thunderbird engine and a dual pumper Holley carb. and a 350 ratio rear end.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 112

A 1980 orange Datsun 210.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

1937 Chevy coup!

Message 34 of 112

I learned to drive it in Alaska living on a homestead. I even got to drive it to Valdez when my Mom was in the hosptial. I took my brother with me and we had to drive over the goat trail because the canyon road was closed due to a land slide. It was pretty scarry having to drive through a creek too and only room for one car at a time going up the hill. But we made it. My Dad was waiting for us and couldn't believe I had done that!!!!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 112

My first car was a 1961 Rambler American flat head 6 cylinder 2 door with a 3 speed manual transmission with the shifter on the column. 1st to second was about 2 feet up! Felt like I was in a Mickey Mouse cartoon whenever I drove it. I inherited it from my mom. Had a lot of good times in that car and it is one of my favorite memories.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 112

A 1960 Mercury Comet.  It was black with red leather interior.  It was a staight 6 and the interior had all the bells and whistles. I drove it till it was well over 200,000 miles and if the passenger tried to push hard on the floor, their foot would be on the pavement. Salt damage was bad in Chicago.  It was a good car for the cost.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 112
I had a 64 Chevy Impala Super Sport with a 32 7, 350 engine. FAST! Loved that car!
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 112

My second car was a 64 Impala Super Sport convertible with a 327 V8. Loved that car!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 112

1973 Ford Maverick Grabber. I loved that car and wish I still owned it! It was a pretty brown with a tan interior. It drove great and was reliable. I only traded it when my husband and I started our family and needed something easier to get our son in and out of.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

My Dad's Winter Project

Message 40 of 112

My first car was a 1959 Prefect, a British Ford, a gift from my Dad in 1965.  It was a four-door, 4 cylndar engine.  (If it had been a two-door, it would have been an Anglia).  My family wasn't wealthy, but my Dad was a tinkerer, who loved projects and wanted me to have a car.  He located two Prefects in junk yards, one damaged in the front and one damaged in the rear.  He hired a body shop to cut the two cars in half and weld together the good front end of one and the good rear end of the other.  No kidding!  I had my choice of the red interior from the white wreck or the blue interior from the blue wreck.  I chose the blue.  When the car was finished, it went back to the body shop to be painted, and I got to choose the color.  I chose a Cadillac color from their 1965 brochure, dark blue, almost black.  Dad even set the odomater back to zero for me, so it was just like a new car.  What a wonderful gift from my loving father.  (Rest in Peace, Dad.)

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera