It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 41 of 79

@mm98382960 wrote:
College at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, NY 20 minutes from NYC. I became best friends with Jody Cohen who's family lived in the Penthouse at the Ritz Towers! I lived a dream life and made all A's! Jody came with me to KYeach summer, life couldn't have been more fun👯!

When I was at Sarah Lawrence, 1959 to 1963 we did not get "grades", when were you there?

Marilyn Z
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 79
60 years ago when I was married to my 1st. husband
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 79
High school and college years, and when my wonderful husband was courting me, which he still does.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 79

I think right now, as a retired grandmother, is the happiest time of my life.  It has less drama, and is more stress free than any other time of my life.  True, my husband and I both have some health issues, and can't do everything we once did, but he's still able to work part time  so we can travel.  We are blessed.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 79

Believe it or not I was happiest while working for NASA....YES....all 28 YEARS of my employ there. There was ALWAYS SOMEthing interesting and the people around me were fairly highly educated and extremely interested in their own jobs and it showed.....not to mention the product(s) that NASA put out there and the spin-offs from those products. There was almost ALWAYS SOMEthing exciting going on there. Fortunately I worked at NASA headquarters so when we went to the centers (Kennedy Space Center, Houston/Manned Flight Center, Langley, Goddard, JPL) for budget reviews we usually received a very warm welcome and, often, another tour of the facilities.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 79
College at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, NY 20 minutes from NYC. I became best friends with Jody Cohen who's family lived in the Penthouse at the Ritz Towers! I lived a dream life and made all A's! Jody came with me to KYeach summer, life couldn't have been more fun👯!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 79

My happiest time when my siblings&I were very young,our family would spend  summer vacations in Vermont&New Hampshire.Our cousins lived in both states,nice to have the yearly family reunion. Our parents moved to a retirement community,Kendall in Hanover,NH from'92-'03. I would come visit them my vacation time off from work.

My happiest time now is being retired,boggles my mind it will be 4 yrs in March. I'm busier than ever,enjoy my volunteer activites,helping my 'extended 'family' friends whenever they need my help. I try to live my life every day by this:"Its more blessed to give than to receive" Acts 20:35 Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 79

@denisedyane wrote:

The happiest time of my life is now when I am old enough to know better!

Also when I was in my 30's and we were 'homesteading" in North Idaho.

Building a home, raising a garden & orchards & a child, and then heading to warmer climates in the winter as we were living off the grid & the outhouse was not that romantic after a few cold nights!

Being a young snow bird & homeschooling our son, while we camped with friends on their off the grid property in Hawaii was one of the happiest times of my life.

Wow!  I'll bet you have some interesting stories to tell.  I would love to hear them.  Have you thought about writing a memoir?  Perhaps you could post some on the "Writing Memoirs" site.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 79

The happiest time of my life is now when I am old enough to know better!

Also when I was in my 30's and we were 'homesteading" in North Idaho.

Building a home, raising a garden & orchards & a child, and then heading to warmer climates in the winter as we were living off the grid & the outhouse was not that romantic after a few cold nights!

Being a young snow bird & homeschooling our son, while we camped with friends on their off the grid property in Hawaii was one of the happiest times of my life.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 79

Thank you for your kind words and generous invite. I will definitely look into it. Best wishes. 

Kudos
Views