From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 31 of 79

I believe that my happiest years were when my 2 daughters had started school and were at the age where I could take them places without temper trantrums, diaper bags, bottles and strollers. We would go to simple places like the library, park and the beach. Later it was to day camp, Girl Scouts, dance classes and the museums. As they became pre-teens, they also liked going to the mall to shop for clothes. We'd watch movies on TV at night with treats or play games. It ended pretty quickly once they started high school and were more involved with their own friends. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 79

I'm sad now that I didn't appreciate it more at the time. We had just moved to Florida and hubby had a brand new job with Disney. My son was about 6 and my daughter 1 and it was a whole new world. I look at pics of hubby then and he was in the best shape of his life. My son was young and adorable. We did have good times together. I learned to skateboard wahoooo! He and his friends would include me sometimes. They would catch snapping turtles and chase each other around. Fireworks were legal and an amusing after dark activity. That daughter eventually became estraged but then she was just a dark eyed magical toddler. Wasn't that a time...Hubby had free passes to Disney so it got to where the kids would be "Can't we go somewhere else?". Can you imagine? But yeah that was a wonderful several years.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 79
The happiest time in my life was when my son was born and raising him
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 79

When I  was in college.  I went back to college very late in life, it was my dream and the one thing I knew I would regret not doing when the end of my life came.  All the very bad things that were going to happen in my life were ahead, I didn't know them, couldn't see them or anticapate them.  I was focused on learning, and I wanted to learn, I enjoyed every second.  I took hard classes, astronomy, physics, calculus, classes that were uncomfortable, a place beyond where I was, and where I had ever been.  I changed in those four years, experiencing that learning as an adult.  When I took my very last exam, I walked to my car and cried, I couldn't stop.  I had done it and I had done it well.  That was my happiest time.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 79

1. When I found and married the wonderful woman in my life for the last 48 years.

2. When I got out of the Army in one piece.

3. The day I graduated from college.

4. The birth of my daughter. her graduation from high school and college.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 79

The happiest time in life for me was when I realized how much power I have over my happiness and joy both of which are a choice.  I always thought that my happiness was defined by things outside of me and when I became more spiritually connected, I found that all that I needed was already inside of me.  Every moment of my life if filled with joy.   I can even find joy in the challenges that come with living because I know this provides  the opportunity to grow learn more about myself.  No matter the appearance, everything in my life is perfect because I choose to see it that way.  No I'm not in denial, I have most of the trappings of success and a fantastic husband, I'm happily retired and we can pretty much do what we want to do when we want to do it, but true happiness is a choice that I make every day.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 79

The happest time of my life has been the last 56 years.  My childhood was less than good.  My life since I married my husband has been the best I ever could hope for.  Everyone has ups and downs, but they were trivial for us.  We have raised  three children who are good, productive adults.  We have traveled and done everything we waqnted to do. We stjill love each other after all these years. Life is good.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 79

First, when I met my then Girlfriend then Wife, sadly she died 4 years ago after being together since 1957.

So Happy that I had her that long, Lovely Wife, Friend,Lover, Mother and Grandmother..

I'll never stop Missing her....

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 79

The most intense and happy time of my life was the several years in the late 60s and early 70s that I spent learning to be a computer scientist (geek), first as a student at Brown and then teaching and doing research there. The subject was utterly fascinating and the people I worked with and taught were smart, involved, and just as interested in computers as I was (including the gorgeous Pembroke math major who's now my wife). Ah, those summer nights -- taking over the University mainframe at midnight, hacking until dawn, and then the whole crew wandering over to the deli for bagels and lox. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 79

College where I had a lot of friends.  Unhappily, things have been going down hill since then.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors