Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 11 of 79

The happiest I’ve ever been was when I too went away to college & escaped from my small midwestern town & joined the world of the intellect & art & the melting pot of peoples from all over the world. I couldn’t wait to explore all that the world had to offer, namely exotic travel & interesting relationships...I embraced an adventurous life all thru my 20s & 30s & that is when I truly felt the most alive!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 79

I try to be happy all the time.  I had/have great parents that were good role models.  Probably the most happiest I have been, other than the first year of marriage, was when my two daughters graduated from high school.  As a sitting school board member, I was able to be a part of their graduation ceremonies.  It was my honor to accept the class on behalf of the Board of Trustees.  I said the same thing each time. "Bon Voyage!" Good journey!  Not many people can say that they had this honor.  I am truly blessed

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 79

When I had my two beautiful babies. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 79

My happiest time was when I gave birth to my three kids: my two boys 23 and 18 years ago and my baby girl two years ago HeartSmiley Happy

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 79

My happiest time is the present! I have an amazing wife of 34 years and I look forward to every minute we have together. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 79

I think it was when I went to college and met this wonderful person who couldn't speak English.  He could say only 2 words, hi, and bye.  We smiled and laughed a lot.  After, we dated for a year, and his English picked up, he proposed to me but my parents were against it, my parents wanted me to marry a person in the military. ( I couldn't stand military because they are about power,control and force).

I knew he was for me and he loved me so much. He was from Tonga, the Friendly Islands.The Tongans are so friendly and have so much LOVE!

I was blessed with 1 girl and 4 boys.  They are my light of the world and now have 3 grandchildren-2 girls and 1 boy and they are my universe- full of love and light and compassion.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 79

My happiest time was when I went away for college.  I felt independent and eager to discover lots of things about the world. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 79

I have to say that i cant answer this questions because i have a lot of happiest times such as having my children spending time with my father and re connecting with my former husband after 20 years and having a great time

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 79
The Happy years are my life now after Divorce. I was married 43 years a dedicated wife and mother. I raised two sons and a daughter. They are the Joy of my Life. I have 5 grandchildren I adore. I now have time for me. I really Love this Single Life. I eat heathy, exercise and want to live an enriched Life .
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 79

My happiest years were when I was divorced after being married for 10 years.  I had an unhappy childhood thanks to a controlling father and a spiteful mother.  I got married to a nice man but it wasn't for me.  We had two small children but I still couldn't stand being married.  He moved close by so the children still had both parents, just in different houses.  I worked three jobs and was able to take my sons with me to the weekend job.  The third job I did from home.  For 25 years I stayed divorced, raised my sons, did what I wanted, and was very happy.  I didn't remarry until my sons were independent adults 25 years later.  Those 25 years living independently were the happiest years of my life.  I'm now 78 years old, and still consider those years the best.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark