Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 21 of 79
When I turned 65 , after working 25 yrs in private industry, and 22 yrs in the GOVERMENT, I retired on my birthday and bought my a 18' RV took my Yorkery and went all the way to MAINE. Found a traveling campion, enjoyed it for 15 more years! Sally Kolar, Arvada,CO
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 79

I had a very happy childhood.  We weren't rich in money, but we were rich in experiences.  My parents had a business and my brothers and I would help them.  It wasn't work to us but fun!  We had great family get togethers with our aunts, uncles and cousins.  Summers were hot and we would go the lake to cool off; winters were cold and snowy.  It seems like those innocents days are gone and won't be back, sigh!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 79

When I was rearing my two sons from infancy to adolescence.  I enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom during the elementary years and guiding them as best I knew how into adulthood.  it wasn't always easy, but I loved taking care of tehm.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 79

I have lots of happy chapters in my life.   I had a great childhood in the country where I could ride my bike everywhere, enjoy my pets, family activities.   I was happy when I got my job at age 20 & happy when I could retire at age 50.   Now I am at a very happy time in my life with a great husband pursuing all the interests & hobbies I never had the time to enjoy when I was working.   Each new day is a day of possibility. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 79

I think my happiest time is right now. I’m 64, recently retired, in good health, raised 3 wonderful boys, now men. I can help with grandchildren and really enjoy the one who is most challenging - he sure is like his father! I never remarried, I do wish I would have met someone but I accept single and thoroughly enjoy my active circle of friends. I’m blessed with good fortune and the ability to live life at a high level of engagement on many levels.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 79

Today.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 79

The day my son was born and the day he got married!  I am so blessed to have him and his beautiful wife in my life and the 2 cutest grandsons a grandma could have!  Truly blessed!  Praise God.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 79

Becoming a grandma has been my favorite experience. I have had great times throughout my life and enjoyed every part wholeheartedly. But being close enough to be with my grandkids.💖 has been so rewarding. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 79

I have so mand happy times in my life that it is hard to pick just one, however I will try.  One of the happiest times of my life was my days living in Manhattan NY directly across the street from Central Park. My cousins and I were the happiest little kids in the world.  We were both born in the U.S. Virgin Islands and came to New York and was fortunate to be living with the most wonderful Auntie in the world.  We would all go to Central Park and explore the entire park, all the little bridges, climbing on the rocks, swinging on the swings, sliding down the slider.  When it snowed, we would rush across the street to the park, make snow angels, construct snowmen and of course had snowball fights.  I remember it so well.  I was a happy little girl....the happiest time of my life.

Amy C

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 79

We moved quite often as a family.  Living in Austin, the kids were involved in Pop Warner football, baseball, and competitive swimming.  By the time the kids were in their teens, we moved to a little town in the burbs of Boston.  This to me was the country, and the kids made friends.  These childhood friends are still very close, and live about as far away from the NE as you can get:  CA and NV.  Even the parents moved west to be near the kids.  My youngest, who played drums, and several friends organized a rock band.  They practiced in the basement of the house and had a few gigs in the more populated towns.  I look at the pictures from the past and think of all the fun we had as a family.  In all the places we lived, I liked Texas best.  The kids are involved in their careers, we talk on the phone pretty often, but visits aren't too frequent.  The kids like the idea of my moving to a resort town that has a resurgence of interest in growing, harvesting grapes and making wines.  If this turns out to be a family business, maybe we'll be close once more. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors