Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 61 of 79
Mine was when I was a kid and we got a new dog!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 79

Camping in Kruger and Chobe Safari parks in South Africa and Botswana, respectively

Marilyn Lee

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 79

The happiest time of my life is when I gave birth to my son.  I loved being a Mom and seeing things through the eyes of a child.  I can honestly say I enjoyed every moment and could not have raised a better son.  He is grown now and is still one of my finest achievements.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 79
My happiest times were when I held my firstborn, a son in my arms and then 4 years later, held my fraternal twin girls in my arms! The joy they brought me throughout their growing up years were my best days! Now, for 8 years and 6 years, 2 more precious children have come into my life-yes, my grandchildren! They are the one and only sunshine in my life right now; they keep me going!I enjoy every second I get with them! I'm going through some very tough times and have for too long, but they make me smile and cry happy tears through it all!
My greatest memories as a child are going to church 4 times a week and learning what I needed to help me in my life. I have great faith! The other ones are of Christmas time as a child. My parents made them very special, even though they had nine children and my Dad worked hard as a truck driver (although this man could do anything) and Mom worked from home taking care of us. Each Christmas, Grandpa would come and load us kids up in his pickup truck-some up front with him and some in the back covered with a camper top with windows. He'd take us on Christmas Eve to go see the beautiful lights all around while Mom, Dad, and other grandparents got our gifts ready. We would be filled with excitement after seeing the lights and when we would get home, we'd race to the door. there was always a room full of toys and we's stay up most of the night.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 79
@Grac3 wrote:
The happiest years of my life were when I was a cardiovascular surgical resident at Stanford. I was working extremely hard and also "moonlighting" to pay for my husband's law school fees, but it was extremely satisfying, intellectually stimulating, and the work was incredibly interesting. My co-workers were fun men and I felt and still feel as if we were in a war trench elbow to elbow working to stamp out cardiovascular disease. It was a wonderful time in my life. I was the first female cardiac surgical resident at Stanford and had to "prove myself" to the "powers" at the University, which I was well able to accomplish. Just GREAT times.

What was Norm Shumway like; did you work with him personally?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 79
When my two beautiful, intelligent girls were born. .
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 79

In the summer of '75, I was 21 YO and full of romance & energy, and had my beautiful girlfriend, M, for 3 years and we were so much in love that I just couldn't see anyone else in my eyes. Though we couldn't spend enough time together because her parents were so strict and her brothers watched her like Hawks.

She told me that she'd be going to France with her younger brother and a friend of hers from school. I caught up with them and we spent a month in Nice, south of France, then we went to the Wine Country near Lyon to collect grapes. That was the best time of my life. We spent hours every day on the beaches of Nice, and traveling throughout the area, even since we had to work to make extra money, we worked together and indulged on loving each other. Later when we went to the wine country, we actually slept together in the same bed, and it was my joy to sleep holding her in my arms all night, feeling her warmth, throughout my body, walking in the empty streets after dinner holding each other, and kissing in the middle of the vineyard as the rain hit us often, we just wouldn't stop.

To this day, I haven't lived through better, loving, happier times, especially as we ended-up marrying other people.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 79
I would say that the happiest time and most memorable was from the year 2000 thru 2002. I met a wonderful man that I truely believed from another country and I knew we were meant to be together. However, life through severe curve balls for me. I was diagnosed with my illness and my mother with breast cancer at the same time. I was so in love with beautiful person but, the distance and illnesses was too much to deal with. Before the illness I had started making plans to move and work there we still remain friends but, I regret that decision in my life. So, I do know that was the happiest time in and if my life ( TRUE LOVE THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME FOR ME)....

TRUE LIVE DOES EXIST
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 79

The happiest time in my life is the moment I am living at the time.  I have accomplished the journey up to this point and here I am.  I am well traveled, smarter, more mature, experienced in many catagories of employment from clipping dogs to TV and radio account excutive.  I have failed at love and succeeded in my present relationship for almost 35 years.  I know what birth is like and I know what death is like.  I have studied for years to learn about Jehovah, God.  He is loving, caring but also a disciplinarian and a wonderful guide through this system of things.  Happiness for me, is living right now, this very moment and knowing I have acquired a wealth of knowledge, a history of seeing the change brought about by many years.  Most of all I have a certain hope for tomorrow.  God's promises are true.  Not one of them has failed, ever.  That's my assurance that my next moment will add to my happiness and continue on and on until I am no more...and even then, I will be happy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 79
The happiest years of my life were when I was a cardiovascular surgical resident at Stanford. I was working extremely hard and also "moonlighting" to pay for my husband's law school fees, but it was extremely satisfying, intellectually stimulating, and the work was incredibly interesting. My co-workers were fun men and I felt and still feel as if we were in a war trench elbow to elbow working to stamp out cardiovascular disease. It was a wonderful time in my life. I was the first female cardiac surgical resident at Stanford and had to "prove myself" to the "powers" at the University, which I was well able to accomplish. Just GREAT times.
Kudos
Views