From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What traditions should stay and what should we now forego?

Message 21 of 22

It used to be that the bride's family paid for the bulk of the wedding expenses, with the groom's family paying for the rehearsal dinner & flowers. But with the cost of weddings going up, families are splitting those expenses more evenly. What I'd like to see is people spending a lot less on weddings, and not having to dip into retirement savings or other debt, and or diverting more attention to saving up for a condo/house.

When I was growing up, we all had dinner together .. 3 generations making it their business to be available to eat together & talk to each other. I hate that today few families do that, with parents working late & children having so many after-school activities. And if they do manage to eat dinner together, everyone's on their own smart phone & no one talks! That's a TERRIBLE change!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What traditions should stay and what should we now forego?

Message 22 of 22

There are a lot of older traditions that are changing.  Weddings certainly seem to be changing quiet dramatically.  Fiances are less likely to ask the father for permission in marriage and dresses often less formal.  What is a tradition you see changing - is it a good change?

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season