There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite thing about winter?

Message 51 of 77

I like being able to see the bare branches of the trees and the patterns they make against the sky.  I really appreciate being able to see the stars better when there are no leaves on the deciduous trees, too.  And when we have a snow that coats the grass and bushes but does not stick to the sidewalks and streets, I love to see the sparkling of the beautiful white snow.  Cold weather feels better to me than hot weather.  Now if we could just have more daylight hours in the winter . . .

winter trees you stretch

all your dendrites out to touch

moods of passersby. - crm

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 77

My favorite things about winter are, the softness and quiteness of a snowfall. The slower pace of life, not having to do as much outdoors as in the summer. Having time (retired) to plan spring flowers, trips and outside house chores. More time to sit by the fireplace and read or knit. It is not necessary to have snow to just enjoy the beauty of winter. Winter has always been my favorite time of the year.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 77

@2Papa wrote:

The only good thing about winter is that there are no bugs to bite me!

Ha,  thats true.  Maybe the flu bug. 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 77

The only good thing about winter is that there are no bugs to bite me!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 77

It is that I now live where they don't hvae one.  I'm orginally form Upstate New York with lots of cold and snow in the winter.  I now live in a place where the population considers temperatures in the 50's freezing.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 77
Miss playing in the snow when I was a kid, love to go out & play with grandkids today, when we have snow. I'm in a better mood on cold snowy days & everything looks so pure & clean, makes one forget about their problems.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 77

@bl20907313 wrote:

There isn't much I like about winter. There is no baseball, no swimming, no camping. It's cold here in Missouri normally. This year has been a little different. But if I was forced to find something positive about winter, it would be that I can spend time in my sewing room working on quilts. I also like making soups and comfort foods that seem to taste so much better in the winter. And yes, spring will be here soon... we hope.

Yes,  I am also missing baseball here Missouri...Football just doesn't do it for me.  Spring training just around the corner.

I don't sew,  but like to do some artwork.

So far, winter hasnt been too bad, especially here on Christmas Day. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 77

There isn't much I like about winter. There is no baseball, no swimming, no camping. It's cold here in Missouri normally. This year has been a little different. But if I was forced to find something positive about winter, it would be that I can spend time in my sewing room working on quilts. I also like making soups and comfort foods that seem to taste so much better in the winter. And yes, spring will be here soon... we hope.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 77

I'm not keen on January and February, but I love December.  (Oklahoma)  I also love how my menus change to soups, stews, and comfort food.  I love the occasional snowfall so long as I don't have to navigate our streets which are not cleared to the degree of more northern states. So far, our winter here has been incredibly mild with the exception of one damaging ice storm.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 77

My favorite thing about winter is  living in Florida and  being able to mostly  say, "What  winter?"  I do not  like ice, snow and cold temps.  It is so wonderful to sit  here on Christmas day  with a new high record  temperature in the middle 80s and make this post with a smile on  my face.

Merry Christmas to all from the  Sunshine State.

Kudos
Views