Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite thing about winter?

Message 41 of 77

The absolute beauty of Many forms: the clear clean view of newly fallen or falling snow; ice covered trees glistening in the morning sun; children, teens, or adults frolicking joyously; full moon lighting a field or groove of fur trees; the variety of newly crafted snow creatures made by carefree children or skilled crafty sculptors; memories of years ago walk with a departed loved one.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 77

The absolute beauty of Many forms: the clear clean view of newly fallen or falling snow; ice covered trees glistening in the morning sun; children, teens, or adults frolicking joyously; full moon lighting a field or groove of fur trees; the variety of newly crafted snow creatures madby carefree children or skilled crafty sculpturers; memories of walk years ago with a departed loved one.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 77
Spring
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 77

My favorite things about winter are: the air smells nice and  fresh.  When you take a big breath

it feels so good.  I enjoy bundling up and wearing all kinds of colorful boots, sweaters, nice thick

scarves , fluffy coats or jackets.  When it's really cold outside you must walk fast( get exercise😉)

and rush inside to get something warm to drink.  I enjoy seeing the bare trees and often sketch them every year,  I also enjoy winter because I live near the woods and my there are so many beautiful

birds.  I've stocked up on bird food and even bought a new bird house.  Oh ! the beauty of 

winter that we never watch.  Even the tree trunks take on another look as if to put on their winter

coats.  I think that being born in November is a plus for me because Winter is the best season!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 77

@Liltman wrote:

I hate winter.  I hate cold.  I hate snow.  I hate the fact that it gets dark at 4:30pm .I hate the fact that everything looks so dreary in the winter. I hate the fact that it's too cold to go fishing or to the beach.   I hate the fact that I can't afford to escape winter.  Other than that I'm happy when I wake up on a winter morning.

Yes  and only good thing about winter that it just comes once a year.  I too, am happy when I wake up on a winter morning,   well any morning actually.Smiley Happy  Got first snow this a.m., not too much,  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 77

My favorite thing about winter is my family

and Christmas. Since i was a little boy my

brother and i, would try and stay up all

night to catch Santa Clause  bring our gifts.

I don't care how long we would stay up

we always ended up falling asleep.

Now that I am' an adult it mostly for the kids.

To see a childs's smille as they opened their

gifts with anticipation  just bring tears to my eyes

Going to church and listening to the Pastor

sermon about Jesus is the high light of it all. !!!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 77

I hate winter.  I hate cold.  I hate snow.  I hate the fact that it gets dark at 4:30pm .I hate the fact that everything looks so dreary in the winter. I hate the fact that it's too cold to go fishing or to the beach.   I hate the fact that I can't afford to escape winter.  Other than that I'm happy when I wake up on a winter morning.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 77

I do not like winter.  Too cold, hard to do chores in deep snow.

One good thing is no bugs or snakes.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 77

Lower crime!!  Studies show that criminals do not like the cold and do not like to freeze their buns off.   Winter gives us a break from crime and bugs.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 77

When it's Over!

Kudos
Views