Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite thing about winter?

Message 21 of 77

Cooler temperatures! Not the biting icy cold ones, but the transitional cool days. I have heat sensitivity complicated by hot flashes. The cooler temps are a blessing. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 77

I love winter!  I adore looking at ice covered forests. I like seeing frozen waterfalls and iced over ponds, and streams. I enjoy snowshoeing. I thrill at the sight of rocky cliffs that have been decorated with snow. I like drifets snow. I like snow that sticks to the sides of buildings. I like snowflakes.

I like mittens, hats, base coats and overcoats. I like snow boots. I enjoy being out with others playing/exercising in the snow. I adore being able to see so many wild animal tracks in the snow. I am happy to live in a place (the Colorado Rockies) where most everyone enjoys winter as much as I do. I enjoy shoveling snow: it's the same thing as playtime to me. I enjou seeing the thick winter coats on the local wildlife. I enjoy the fact that I am sitting next to an open window between my greenhouse and my kitchen. It is 37F and windy outside, but 120F on the greenhouse mezzanine (which is right outside the open window). Free heat makes my day! Smiley Happy 

Our winter is generally 6 months long. Sometimes 7. When we retire we are thinking of moving north.

Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 77

Driving on icy roads, high heating bills, coats and hats, missing one glove, high winds .... i could go on! However, I am not adverse to winter. I like fresh snow, I like seeing the snowmen made by children, i like to occasionally be snowed in, I like hot soups and warm bread, I like a good glass of hearty red wine, I like the pizza delivery guy and there's so much more! But most of all, I can't do much about it - I've scheduled a cruise for February and a couple weeks in Florida in late March. I can make it though winter!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 77

My favorite thing about winter is that it's not summer.  I much prefer colder weather over hot.  Here in Central Calif the winters are very mild. Cat Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 77

Absolutely nothing. Give me Texas heat every day is okay with me.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 77

Nothing, that is why I live in Florida and used to live in California. Sorry, don't miss the snow or ice or getting bundled up in coats and gloves. What a great life, no ice scrapers and get to play golf!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 77

The end of it and just looking forward to Spring!  Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 77

Spending them in Florida

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 77

The Hollydays and the beauty of everything that the lord gave us.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Snow coverup

Message 30 of 77

That is a perfect way to look at it.  Will have to remember

Kudos
Views