Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite thing about winter?

Message 61 of 77
...Spring can't be very far away. I love all the seasons, but I continue to find Winter in the northeast/New England to be tough, no matter how positive I am. Loved this December!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
hr2
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 77

What do I love about winter?? I love the fact that my well is getting full of winter water.,the rain is wonderful here snd we got a somewhat white Christmas and even some sun coming up soon.I do like the spring the best because I love to garden and spring is when that starts to happen.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 77
As a child and. Christmas Eve baby, it has always been about the snow and lots of it. From the crisp, cleansed air to the crunching underfoot and how at dusk it glistens like diamond dust, winter is a beautiful season.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 77

A)i feel like people come together more in winter,helping shovel,pushing vehicles that are stuck,checking in on neighbors.Hopefully it's just a feeling and this happens every season

B)me not driving in snow/ice

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 77

Just sold my house.  Lived in for 35 years,  on 2 acres in the country...Was so sad, but am ok.  Was really hard getting out in the winter,  although the neighbor always plowed everyones long driveways,    He had the equipment. 

Now living in a town, only 5 minutes from my daughter and her family,  so maybe this winter will be better.  She was very worried about me and was hard for her to get to my house, which was 30 minutes away. 

Don't really like anything about winter,  except that does give me a reason to stay inside and do some artwork,  which takes up a good part of the day, when I really get into it.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 77
It ends Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 77

@easyed598 wrote:

I can appreciate what you have said in your post, but about your "Bah Humbug" - consider this:  there are some of us, retired and not-yet-retired, who cannot afford to even consider taking off for Florida, or anywhere else, for a month or more each year.  So please consider yourself privileged from that aspect (and yes, I realize that you likely worked hard for the privilege.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I was trying to comment to the topic and didn`t mean to ruffle your feathers. We have family and friends who live in same area of Florida and have been doing the trip for 10 years.Yes we can afford it after almost 40 years of working  and feel privilege to afford to go. We would have bought a place in Florida but we really live in a great place in the north and I can`t stand the Florida hot summer.

@easyed598   -   Thanks for response, & I realized you were not aiming to ruffle feathers.  Yes, hot and humid summers are part of Florida living, of course.  I am still mildly surprised when I encounter folks who claim to enjoy the heights of the summer heat & humidity here - & I encounter them fairly frequently!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 77

I can appreciate what you have said in your post, but about your "Bah Humbug" - consider this:  there are some of us, retired and not-yet-retired, who cannot afford to even consider taking off for Florida, or anywhere else, for a month or more each year.  So please consider yourself privileged from that aspect (and yes, I realize that you likely worked hard for the privilege.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I was trying to comment to the topic and didn`t mean to ruffle your feathers. We have family and friends who live in same area of Florida and have been doing the trip for 10 years.Yes we can afford it after almost 40 years of working  and feel privilege to afford to go. We would have bought a place in Florida but we really live in a great place in the north and I can`t stand the Florida hot summer.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 77
gatorgorilla wrote: 

I live in Florida, without concerns about snow, year-round.  I am one of those seeming rarities, a native Floridian. 

If I moved to Florida, I could claim to be a native as well! I was born in Miami .. miscalculation by Mom's Ob/Gyn! We returned to NYC when I was 5 days old; I was a very young "jet setter" (there were no jets back then).

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 77

@easyed598 wrote:

We usually go to Florida for a month every year(March). After last year`s winter (worst in 40 years) we  decided to go 3 months(January1st -thru April 1st). Wouldn`t you know , we haven`t had any measurable snow this season and we are heading south in 3 weeks. Bah Humbug!

@easyed598   -   I can appreciate what you have said in your post, but about your "Bah Humbug" - consider this:  there are some of us, retired and not-yet-retired, who cannot afford to even consider taking off for Florida, or anywhere else, for a month or more each year.  So please consider yourself privileged from that aspect (and yes, I realize that you likely worked hard for the privilege.)

I live in Florida, without concerns about snow, year-round.  I am one of those seeming rarities, a native Floridian.

Hope you enjoy your time in Florida during upcoming stay, even though you may not be leaving snowdrifts behind this year.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors