You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite kitchen gadget?

Message 31 of 49

My go to is the microwave.  How else would I be able to cook those TV dinners and survive?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 49

@ip3285wrote:

One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is an OXO spreader.  It looks like a combination spreader, cerrated knife, and straight "scoop" all in one.  It's cerrated on one edge, smooth on the other, with a slightly rounded top, and easy-to-grip handle.  I use it for everything from spreading things such as cream cheese, almond butter, mayonnaise, etc., and cutting soft foods such as baked potatoes, pies and cakes and slicing bananas.  It makes a good ice cream scoop, too.  It's easy to cut out a chunk or a hunk of ice cream and then slide it onto my plate or into a glass to make a root beer float.  It cleans well by licking without worrying about cutting my tongue Smiley Wink, and then washes easily to get it "really" clean.  I've had it for several years and it still looks like new, even though it's used daily.

This sounds like the kitchen version of a Boy Scout knife!  I'll have to check it out ~ I love gadgets like this that multi-task

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 49

@mtcatswrote:

Definitely my air fryer.  I can make almost anything in it.  Steaks and burgers come out juicier than on a contact grill.  Frozen fries, onion rings, etc. come out crispier than in the oven.  Haven't found anything that needed extra oil.  I would not be without it.

I need to check out these air fryers.  I have a friend who also loves hers.  I just don't have the counter space unless it's something I'll use at least 4 times a week.  The idea of nice crunchy onion rings that aren't deep fried is a BIG draw for me!  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 49

The tried, true and trusty scissors! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 49

Definitely my air fryer.  I can make almost anything in it.  Steaks and burgers come out juicier than on a contact grill.  Frozen fries, onion rings, etc. come out crispier than in the oven.  Haven't found anything that needed extra oil.  I would not be without it.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 49

One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is an OXO spreader.  It looks like a combination spreader, cerrated knife, and straight "scoop" all in one.  It's cerrated on one edge, smooth on the other, with a slightly rounded top, and easy-to-grip handle.  I use it for everything from spreading things such as cream cheese, almond butter, mayonnaise, etc., and cutting soft foods such as baked potatoes, pies and cakes and slicing bananas.  It makes a good ice cream scoop, too.  It's easy to cut out a chunk or a hunk of ice cream and then slide it onto my plate or into a glass to make a root beer float.  It cleans well by licking without worrying about cutting my tongue Smiley Wink, and then washes easily to get it "really" clean.  I've had it for several years and it still looks like new, even though it's used daily.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 49

I have recently purchased an Instant Pot (6qt and 3qt) from Amazon and have used it almost daily since.  It does everything!

I also use my two new sharp knives for cutting meat, veggies and it is my go to gadget daily.  I like my pizza cutter too.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 49

Crockpot and 5 minute chief.  Easiest way to make omlet or over easy eggs. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 49

Crockpot!  Could live without a microwave but would never give up my crockpot.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 49

My go to gadget are my Kitchenaid shears.  They came with a magnetic holder which I have on the side of my fridge.  Over the years I have replaced the shears, but the holder is what keeps them easily accessible.  I use them everyday for a myriad of tasks.

Kudos
Views