AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your favorite Super Bowl Sunday recipe?

Message 1 of 10

completely agree. You only stated your feelings in a more direct way.

The words "prima donna" were my phrase for them seeming to feel as if they are not only priveledged in some way but above the fans who have made them richer than most. 

They (pro ahthletes) seem to feel not only priveledged, but above the LAW!  The players forget Rae Carruth, still in jail...)

They are not any better than anyone else - other than athletic abilities (which gives them a JOB), and the Kapernick guy needs a lesson in respect, something the NFL refuses to do.

I say any pro athlete who acts out of LINE WITH AMERICAN CUSTOMARY RESPECT FOR OUR FLAG is figuratively urinating on those brave souls who lost their lives to make, and keep America free. Many thousands of men and women have lost their lives to keep America free, and he and those who follow him should be fired and replaced with patriotic REAL Americans. I won't spend a penny that will profit THE NFL unless and until the NFL DOES THE RIGHT THING. Same for all other pro sports. Not my money, no way in Heaven or Hades am I going to help pay these "prima donnas".

When the NFL starts losing money, they'll get the message.

They started to try to refurbish their image with advertising that made them look good, but it's more some & mirrors.

Until they bring back codes of conduct that men like Tom Landry would approve of, no, I'm boycotting ALL professional sports completely.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

completely agree sir. You only stated your feelings in a more direct way.

The words "prima donna" were my phrase for them seeming to feel as if they are not only priveledged in some way but above the fans who have made them richer than most. 

They (pro athletes) seem to feel not only priveledged, but above the LAW!  The players forget Rae Carruth, still in jail...)

They are not any better than anyone else - other than athletic abilities (which gives them a JOB), and the Kapernick guy needs a lesson in respect, something the NFL refuses to do.

I say any pro athlete who acts out of LINE WITH AMERICAN CUSTOMARY RESPECT FOR OUR FLAG is figuratively urinating on those brave souls who lost their lives to make, and keep America free. Many thousands of men and women have lost their lives to keep America free, and he and those who follow him should be fired and replaced with patriotic REAL Americans. I won't spend a penny that will profit THE NFL unless and until the NFL DOES THE RIGHT THING. Same for all other pro sports. Not my money, no way in Heaven or Hades am I going to help pay these "prima donnas".

When the NFL starts losing money, they'll get the message.

They started to try to refurbish their image with advertising that made them look good, but it's more some & mirrors.

Until they bring back codes of conduct that Tom Landry would approve of, no, I'm boycotting ALL professional sports completely.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

A fan favorite for Super Bowl and Christmas brunch...Pancake Lasagne..Yum!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

My favorite Super Bowl game day recipe is Budweiser!  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

What is my favorite Super Bowl Sunday recipe?

Message 5 of 10

Ambrose told me that he once added a various of leftovers topped with ketchup, cornflakes, and bread ends. He baked it in an over for an hour at maybe 300, and served it with chips. I was told is was just "OK"!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Today (Friday) I'm making Red Neck Caviar or South Georgia Caviar (based on Paula Deen's recipe) so it'll be all ready for Sunday's Super Bowl.  Just combine blackeyed peas, corn, bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, and Italian dressing for a tasy and not-so-bad-for-you dip for chips or veggies.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

I do not care if each one make a Trillion dollars a year, but I do care that so many of them disrespect the Country that gives them the opportunity to do so. I too will not be watching.

It will not do any good, since some people are so hooked on them that they can't breath without watching a game and drinking beer. Getting football couch potatoes away from the TV will not be possible.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

So sorry about the typos, I'm using a tiny keyboard on an Android phone. Spell checking isn't what it could be. I think readers WILL get my meaning... Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

I love the Velveeta & Rotel dip (on the Velveeta web site) with Tostitos' cup shaped chips, accompanied by a reasonable (moderate) selection of a light lager, or even a Mexican brew.

But I will not watch Sunday, as I've boycotted the entire world of professional sports. Most players make more in a season that I did in my entire adult work life. Their prima donna activities on and off the field have earned my disgust!

I was a street cop for many years, and used to guard the prima donnas, and they disgust me completely. Sure some, even many are good hearted and even philanthropic. But they're still not behaving and living in a manner above reproach, as I did. They should be like players of the good old days, like Johnny Unitas, but many are not. Too many!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What is your favorite Super Bowl Sunday recipe?

Message 10 of 10

Do you have a favorite recipe for the Super Bowl you can share?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies