Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?

Message 11 of 30

@MaVolta wrote:

I took the Myers-Briggs about 20 something years ago and the results were ISTJ. At the time, it seemed right on target. Many years later, I took another test with results as INTZ (= INTJ ). What changed was a preference for intuition over sensing, but the I _TJ remained intact. 

When I have time, I'll take the linked tests and see what happens and if anything has changed since I've been retired. I'm thinking the results will remain as INTZ / INTJ.

Took the linked tests and results were ISTJ on both, but the S and N preferences were marginal, especially on the first one.  Evidently, I'm a borderline S / N .  Reading the descriptions, I can understand how being ADD fits into the picture. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

Never heard of it. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type?

Message 13 of 30

Hello CarolynM686566:

So good to hear wisdom from another INFJ.  Sometimes we can feel as if we don't fit in anywhere. Since realizing that I am a tried and true INFJ ,understanding myself and the world around me has made so much sense.  

Nanette

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 30

I took this personality profile back in 2001, was given my results, did mentoring with others that shared similar profiles within the organization I was employed by. 

I've thus be forced into retirement through disability and now 100% disabled through the Government.

In 2017 I went through a catastrophic tornado and lost all my documentation records.

What I'm curious about is this:

Is there a resource that I can retake this profiling test for free or low cost?

I'm regaining my heath restrictions/limitations and almost to a point of being forced to reenter the workforce. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type?

Message 15 of 30

Many years ago I took this test, when I was about 50.  I was an INFJ.  It was then a fairly rare "breed" encompassing only about 5% of the USA population at that time.  It described me perfectly, and I felt "understood" for the first time in my life, as to why I responded to various events as I did.

It's not easily explained to the average fellow citizen.  But I am comfortable with what I have been given by God.  I have accepted who I am and have some understanding as to why I am what I am.

And it's okay.  I know I don't fit well into society's thinking of how we should respond or think, but that's okay, too.  I'm pretty content in my own head and heart.

I have passed 80 now.  And it's okay.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 30

I took the Myers-Briggs about 20 something years ago and the results were ISTJ. At the time, it seemed right on target. Many years later, I took another test with results as INTZ (= INTJ ). What changed was a preference for intuition over sensing, but the I _TJ remained intact. 

When I have time, I'll take the linked tests and see what happens and if anything has changed since I've been retired. I'm thinking the results will remain as INTZ / INTJ.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 30

At 74 years old........I am what I am and not interesting to take any test telling me what I am as I'm pretty sure I know what I am.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

Hi @TracyofCotuit 

I think in general your type remains pretty constant throughout your life and with various tests unless there's a traumatic/pivotal event in your life or if you're borderline between two functions (i.e. Thinker/Feeler decision making). I've found the best way to really be sure of your type is to do some reading and apply that to what you know about yourself. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

Vicki,

I just took both of the tests, and preferred the second as it was more complete and easier for me to understand.

Both tests concluded that I am a ESFJ type, which by and large I have to agree with.

I do wonder though if I were to take either of these tests on a day when I was feeling differently, would the result be the same?

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

@VoyagerVicki 

Vicki 

Interesting I've never done this before 

Checked out did quiz 

I'm 

ENFJ

It states which after reading most of info seems to fit me fairly well

List kinds of jobs I've had or desired interest 

Plan to read more information & about other types 

Thanks for topic very intriguing 

Have a beautiful day everyone 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera