Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What inspires you?

Message 11 of 24
Until you find out that everything sold in the stores doesn't really "fit" you then the only way to get it to "fit" is to make it yourself and then DIYers will really inspire you.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24
I never understood that. I think that SOME happiness COULD be found in the journey. But if it doesn't turn out that way, the destination COULD still redeem the trip. Remember, the end of the journey really means the beginning of something else. And I would never say that the "journey never ends", but I would say that the "journeys (plural) never end (until you die, then it's really over)".
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

I'm with you! What did this country look like before we plastered it with concrete and malls?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

German Shepherd puppies.

I'm inspred tlo think about making them loved members of society, and teaching kids there's nothing to be afraid of.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

People who give --such as those who used their own boats to rescue folks trapped in flooded homes in Baton Rouge.  Companies who have sent 18 wheelers full of food and supplies.  Those who aren't waiting for the govt to help, but are lending a helping hand to their neighbors in distress.  There are many good ppl in this world.  God Bless Louisiana!!  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

Everyday common courtesies. Generally, we are a country of mes (ME ME ME). Common coutesies and social graces went out the window a long time ago. I long for times past when such things were taught in the home and in schools.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

What inspires me is "possibility" - I have come to realize that there are so many doors I have yet to open and choices that are still possibilities.  I want to see everything and work on projects and complete them.  I also have come to realize now that happiness is not in the journey's end but in the journey and, for me...the journey never ends.

Shari

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

What inspires me? My son inspires me to be the best mom, advocate, guardian I can be. He is 21 and has been diagnosed on the Austism Sepctrum Disorder. He is high functioning and has several other disorders that go hand in hand with ASD. He is my hero. He looks at life with no filters and make me appreciate that more than words can really say.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

Money inspires me!  Cash is preferred.  Cha-Ching!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

the beauty of nature seen in panoramic views of spectacular landscapes:  canyons, mountains, deserts, natural coastlines, etc. with few or no human cultural features visible.

Kudos
Views