Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What inspires you?

Message 1 of 24

As a cancer survivor, others going through treatment, especially young children, inspire me to cheer them on. St Jude’s has some awesome doctors, nurses and staff who keep the children hopeful and cancer free. Prayers to all.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 24

What inspires me...I got the initial dig out done today!!!  

My "back porch"....  Smiley LOL

Jan 20,2019 Back porch...SNOW.jpg

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 24

What inspires me is YOUR inclusion of varing viewpoints.  Personally, except for the two things that he did for us "old farts", the "Bush Man" was a lousy president, overall, for people of color! He, like  ALL of his predecessors, took better care of his OWN than he did for the rest of his constituents. Unfortunately, he suffered from the unreasonable diseases called racism, sexism & millitarism. DENOUNCE these conditions NOW! Just say it, "We DENOUNCE these unreasonable restrictions, NOW!"  Let's get ToGETHeR & CELEBRATE - Communicate - TALK"?  Besides, MY Love for YOU out ranks Your hate for ME! You see, I'm under a covanant, "Whoever BLESSES me is BLESSED & whoever CURSES me is CURSED!"  So, COME 'wit it!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 24

My daughter is my inspiration. Her ability to make other people feel special after a home cooked meal. She had learned how to cook with love from the 4 generations of grandmothers she was able to learn from; because she wants to be a restaurant owner, s inspired me to purchase land and run it using solar energy. Renewable Photovoltaic  Solar agriculture will be a great source of energy and agriculture in the our future. Living off tg grid while producing both energy and agriculture for our community and fresh produce for my daughters restaurant. Being a responsible resource for our community is my second inspiration. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 24

What inspires me?

A few things "inspire" me.  1. A beautiful sunrise--early when the air is still and quiet and the light of the sky and the colors on the horizon are at their most splendid.  2. Coming around the mountain on the way to Mount Rushmore and catching that very first glimpse of the First President's face.  Oh,  how exciting that was for me!  How moving!  Just beautiful!!!!!  And then just being in that National Memorial Park was most awe inspiring. The Great Faces, the reverence, and those hollow sounding winds throughout--heavenly!!!  3. The birth of a most wanted and waited for child and the departure of a loved one who has made his or her peace with God and is ready to move on.

These are but a few things that inspire me, but each have and do move me to this day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 24

Is it....?

=D

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 24

Senior athletes inspire me.

Attending the games, getting to know athletes from all over the country and sharing our victories and defeats: this inspires me. To see what more I might become; to try harder, to go faster, to push myself farther. 

I am grateful to every senior record breaker, to every senior participant, to every senior daring to toe the starting line. God bless them all.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 24

The Grand Canyon is the most beautiful place I've seen. So, peaceful. Visiting the Statue of Liberty and just in awe of her and oh the stories she could tell.Old Glory waving high on the flag pole and all what she has been through over the years.  Walking in the forest, the moutains, sound of the babbling brook, the night sky, forest animals, bunnies, squirrels, baby ducks, that sweet little fawn, baby kittens  and puppies so playful, and especally the way my dog looks at me and telling me though his eyes, " thank you for taking good care of me and giving me love." And to him for being my faithful companion. Those are some of things that inspire me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 24

Oh my!  I'm with you all the way!  We think alike.  Love the the same things, but must add the moonlit skies and stars and planets at night. Love the babling brooks.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 24

Someone who wants to learn something from me; anyone who looks to me as the go to guy.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera