Caring for a loved one? Find a part-time job that fits your schedule. Search the AARP Job Board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What inspires you?

Message 11 of 21

German Shepherd puppies.

I'm inspred tlo think about making them loved members of society, and teaching kids there's nothing to be afraid of.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

People who give --such as those who used their own boats to rescue folks trapped in flooded homes in Baton Rouge.  Companies who have sent 18 wheelers full of food and supplies.  Those who aren't waiting for the govt to help, but are lending a helping hand to their neighbors in distress.  There are many good ppl in this world.  God Bless Louisiana!!  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

Everyday common courtesies. Generally, we are a country of mes (ME ME ME). Common coutesies and social graces went out the window a long time ago. I long for times past when such things were taught in the home and in schools.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

What inspires me is "possibility" - I have come to realize that there are so many doors I have yet to open and choices that are still possibilities.  I want to see everything and work on projects and complete them.  I also have come to realize now that happiness is not in the journey's end but in the journey and, for me...the journey never ends.

Shari

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

What inspires me? My son inspires me to be the best mom, advocate, guardian I can be. He is 21 and has been diagnosed on the Austism Sepctrum Disorder. He is high functioning and has several other disorders that go hand in hand with ASD. He is my hero. He looks at life with no filters and make me appreciate that more than words can really say.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

Money inspires me!  Cash is preferred.  Cha-Ching!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

the beauty of nature seen in panoramic views of spectacular landscapes:  canyons, mountains, deserts, natural coastlines, etc. with few or no human cultural features visible.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

My personal relationship with Jesus (John 3:16), finding fellowship with my church friends and my regular church attendance.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

Seeing life through the eyes of a young child.  Besides my own children and grandchildren, as a preschool teacher I got a front row seat every school day of how they saw the world.  Absolute amazment of one ant crawling on the ground, running after their new best friend of five minutes on the playground, pondering questions of where the water goes when they flush the toilet, and why do I have a hair growing out of the end of my nose?  I love their honesty, bold questions, thirst for knowledge, exciting light bulb moments when they connect the dots, but most of all their genuine love.  The love of a child is truly inspiring!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

The gal who won all those medals in Rio was an  inspiration--her father abandoned her and she had a drug-addicted mother.  Goes to show that genetics and socioeconomic status doesn't always factor into achieving goals.  Those that say they are held back by these circumstances aren't speaking the truth or are in denial of what can be accomplished.

Kudos
Views