Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What do you want to be remembered for?

Message 11 of 30

I want to be remembered for my love and compassion for animals.  I want to be remembered for my compassion for friends and family, and those less fortunate.  I want to be remembered for being there when someone needed support or to listen to them when they just wanted to talk.  I hope that people remember me for being a good person despite my flaws.  I hope I am remembered for being me.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

I wish that my kids would always remember that I stepped up to the plate when their father walked away. I alone made sure there was always food on your plate and clothes on your back and I did it within my income. Ok - they don't remember nor care.

Failing that - remember all the homeless critters I have taken in and loved until it was their time to leave me. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 30

...soft place to land for my daughters and their families...

I do NOT want a specific place; just a state of mind...

AND I WANT THE COUNTRY I LIVE IN AND FOR TO STOP SANCTIONING MURDER WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.

Thank you.

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

How I hope to be remembered.

Message 14 of 30

As a helpful nurse as I assisted moms to give birth for 21 years in the labor and delivery unit. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 30

What a great thing to  be remembered for.  You must be a very patient and kind person.  The world needs more like you.   Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 30

I would like to be remembered as a person that helped to make this world a better place. I create a place to take care of people facing mental illness to help then to be better integrate in society.  I do not tolerate discrimination and bigotry. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 30

Wow - that was an amazing story.   What an inspiration you must be to those who know you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

I want to be remembered for my perseverence (aka stubbornness).  When  I was 15 years old I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and put to bed for a year.  No school, no friends, nothing.  I screamed until my parents contacted the school system and discovered that tutors were sent to homes of students too sick to attend classes.  I graduated with my class!  Then my parents refused to let me attend college even though I was accepted to an excellent college.  They said that girls didn't need an education because their job was to take care of their future husband and children and keep the house clean.  I spent my working career in an office (and a volunteer swimming instructor). I left home and my controlling parents at the legal age (then) of 21. At age 35 the Crohn's disease had progressed to the point where most of my intestines had to be removed. Until then I'd been a SCUBA diver.  After I healed I took up tennis, and then discovered running.   Ah!  I'd found my sport!  Currently, at age 80, I  still run.  My sons started running and swimming when they were children because 'mommy ran and swam'.  

After I retired, I decided to make my dream come true - to get a degree.  I enrolled in college via home study.  I earned a Bachelor's degree in natural health and graduated with high honors.  Went on for my Masters.  My older son,  a paramedic, decided to return to college - if Mom could do it, so could he.  Finished my Master's in Herbology and decided to finish what I'd started.  My sons and husband encouraged me to go on.  Eight years after starting, I graduated with a PhD in Natural Medicine.  Age 78 years and could be addressed as 'doctor'.  My older son went on and a year ago he earned his PhD.  Younger son had earned his degree.  Then granddaughter decided she'd go to college since Mawmaw did, her grandpa and uncles did, and she wasn't going to be left out.  She graduated as an elementary school teacher with highest honors and was inducted into the Honor Society.  It's not only satisfying to have my own ambitions realized, but then to see my sons and granddaughter follow in my footsteps makes it even more rewarding.  I want to be remembered as the woman who was almost 'gutless' because of the Crohn's disease and surgeries, but had enough 'guts'  to push on and realize her dreams.  And I'm not finished yet!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

Raising good, decent, caring children into reliable, loving adutls.  Always trying my best to do the right thing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

SERVING GOD DOING HIS  WORKS TRYING TO BE THE KEEPER OF HIS GATE BY SHOWING LOVE, CARING , GIVING OF MYSELF UNSELFISHLY AND UNDERSTANDING OF MY FELLOW WOMEN AND MEN... SOCIAL NETWORKING AND SOCIAL SERVICING THOSE IN NEED NOT THEE GREEDY. SHOWING LOVE TO THOSE WHOM DID NOT RECIPERICATE IT , THOSE WHOM HATED OR DISLIKED ME. KNOWING THAT GOD ALWAYS HAD ME IN HIS SIGHT, MIND BODY AND SOUL IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH. THAT I GAVE MY LIFE TO GOD KNOWING THAT WITHOUT HIM I WOULD NOT HAVE A LIFE.. EVEN AS I ENCOUNTERED MANY RELIGIONS, FAITH OR PRACTICES TO EACH ONES OWN I STOOD FAST ON BELIEVING IN HIM AND HE IN ME. THESE ARE THE THINGS I WANT TO BE REMEMBER FOR BY MY FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND ASSOCIATES.

PEACEQUEEN M JOHNSON
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Claim your 1,000 Welcome bonus points!