Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What are your fav Thanksgiving traditions?

Message 1 of 5

Peonie wrote:

Thanksgiving was always spent at home with our family. Those were happy memories - we always helped our mom with the cooking. If you didn't have a turkey, it was not Thanksgiving. That was the tradition. I still believe in serving turkey with cornbread stuffing and gravy, potato salad, collard greens, cranberry sauce, coconut cake, pound cake, sweet potato pie, and hot rolls. 

Your menu sounds delicious.  Thank you for sharing your tradition!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Thanksgiving was always spent at home with our family. Those were happy memories - we always helped our mom with the cooking. If you didn't have a turkey, it was not Thanksgiving. That was the tradition. I still believe in serving turkey with cornbread stuffing and gravy, potato salad, collard greens, cranberry sauce, coconut cake, pound cake, sweet potato pie, and hot rolls. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Well, since I was 15 I've lived in a household of one or two, so big family gatherings are just ... no thanks. Smiley Happy  And neither of us are football fans, and we've mostly lived without TV, so neither are football or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade among our traditions.

But we are not without our traditions. I send DH an invitation to dinner for two. The invitation stipulates whether this is to be a black tie or casual event. He is to dress appropriately, and to arrange the evening's music.

We eat early and retire early.

The next day we get up early because the tradition is to spend the entire day in some outdoor pursuit: hiking, snowshoeing, cycling, birdwatching. While others are traveling into town, we are traveling up the hill and away from everything to recharge in nature.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Thanksgiving was a special celebration of family for us.  In all of my life I have only spent one Thanksgiving away from the family celebration. 

One year my sister and sister went to New York for the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  It was wonderful and we had a great time but that evening when we called my parents and told my Dad we had Pizza for dinner he could not believe it and we realized how much they wanted us all at home.  Both my parents are gone now but those memories are still alive and priceless. ❤️

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

What are your fav Thanksgiving traditions?

Message 5 of 5

Thanksgiving is a holiday that celebrates thanks for all of our blessings.  Family and friends gather and share a meal, a football game, the family traditions.  

What makes your Thanksgiving special for you? 

IMG_0833.JPGA family Thanksgiving dinner

Kudos
Views
Replies