What are you doing to keep busy during social isolation?

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What are you doing to keep busy during social isolation?

Message 1 of 5

I am teaching my students online! The ones willing to embrace a little technology (Facetime or Skype) have set up their phones/iPads/Laptops next to the piano and we have our lessons as usual. Music is very soothing for both of us, it keeps our brains sharp, and most importantly, it keeps us connected to each other. Every time I see a student I feel uplifted. I just love my students and feel so grateful to be able to teach during this social isolationTiaTiaJimJim

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Oh, and I forgot...tons and tons of laundry.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Well, unfortunately I am one of the many "essential workers" out there who have not been afforded the time or space to practice social isolation.  However, when I do get a full day off  from work, I find myself spring cleaning (i.e. emptying cabinets and drawers, organizing my kitchen pantry and closets, and disinfecting everything) all while binge watching old and new favorite TV shows.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

My husband and I are catching up on the Series that we kinda watched.

I guess we are now binge-watchers

ALSO.

-Write or call a friend that you haven't talked to for a while

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What are you doing to keep busy during social isolation?

Message 5 of 5

Share the things you are doing while so many of us are at home.  Share a photo of you doing this!  Gardening?  Walking?  Puzzles?  What are you doing with more time?

AARPTeri
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.