Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What are some of your hobbies?

Message 11 of 21

1. Gardening

2. Holistic Health

3. Miniture Donkeys

4. Crochet

5. Cooking and canning

6. Chickens

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

1. Gardening

2. Holistic Health

3. Miniture Donkeys

4. Crochet

5. Cooking and canning

6. Chickens

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

Chess

Esperanto

Cello

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

Hobbies are important!  

Being 'retired' is a condition of life, but not a sentence!  

Once upon a time for over 40 years I was a professional/commercial photographer, shooting most anything to pay the mortgage. The satisfaction came when I took a raw material (film) and created something of lasting value to the customer.  It's a bit of a cliche' to say I am now 'burned out' on photography, and do not like the path it has taken due to digital.  

I discovered that woodworking takes a nice place in the 'void' left by photography. Taking a raw material, in this case, wood, and creating something of lasting value with quality and style, it a special way of finding satisfaction.  

Woodworking is a HUGE activity which has endless opportunities for learning, creating, and finding satisfaction.

Other 'hobbies' I've found pleasure in include, reading (we are blessed with an amazing public library system!), genealogy which our library is known to have one of the largest genealogy departments in the US, so reading of course especially during the darker/colder months.  I also became a 'ham/amateur' radio operator, yet another nice activity during the colder/darker months.

Of course, there is always tv, but we find more desirable viewing off the major networks, and the dvd movie collections from our library. Thank goodness for PBS!!! 

As an outside activity, I have joined the local chapter of Rotary International. Meeting new folks with great motives and contributing to the efforts to support local charities brings another dimension of satisfaction.

I've written about Rotary before. IF as a reader, you are unfamiliar with Rotary, look for it on the 'interweb' and learn about what they stand for, as well as where the nearest chapter is, fill out an application and visit the closest chapter to see if you like the folks involved. It might be a nice avenue for outside activity.  (FYI: Rotary groups generally meet once a week, have a speaker on some interesting activity as well as, usually a meal followed by a bit of social time to get to know each other.  What more could one ask for in a group with very nice motives?  Our local chapter gave out over $30K in scholarships to needy students last year as an example!

It's a good time (retirement) to spread wings, find what pleases you, and best of all, do what you want, when you want, where you want, AND have FUN!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

I love to read, both fiction & nonfiction.  Knit for charity, keep in touch & visit friends of over 50 yrs. who are unable to come visit me. Play with my kitten sisters, dig in the ground to plant flowers then watch them bloom.  Spending time with my family.  Enjoying the sunshine(walks on the beach) & rain. (if there isn't too much). But my very favorite is traveling to learn about other cultures, art work etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

My hobbies are reading, doing genealogy, making polymer clay jewelry, repurposing old jewelry, doing wirewrap jewelry, doing acrylic pours, volunteering with a genealogy group, working in my yard since I love flowers/shrubs.  I think that's enough.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

I spend most if my time woodworking. Started out just putzing around in the garage, when i realized i really enjoy it and theres some money to be made as well. Right now, barn doors seem to be the latest craze. 

My ither hobbies include walking and eating. Can you guess which one i enjoy more?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

My passion is crochet, exercise and writing, reading. It’s hard to find time for them all but I do my best.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

I love stitching three-dimensional petitepoint.  Always enjoy choosing the right color and fiber and any creative stitch for the project. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

I love animals and love caring for my puppy, kitty, miniture donkeys, and chickens! ❤️ I also enjoy what plants I have! Although my RA & Osteoporosis present real problems, the precious animals keep me moving! They truly lift my spirits...keeping me from the state of depression!❤️

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views