Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 21 of 58

I would like to have a better relationship with my only child, and any relationship with her two beautiful daughters. Apparently, she's never forgiven me for divorcing her father in 1981. It's hard to know the exact reason(s) for our estrangement, because she flatly refuses to engage in discussion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 58

I put down my first trip to a beach, but, after thinking about it more. I too, would just like to have a decent part time job and nice employer and employees who make coming to work enjoyable. For 14 yrs. since my painful, long term marriage ended, all I have wanted is to have a part time office job. Either health, circumstances, old car, etc, etc, just kept things from happening, I realize I am no better off 14 yrs later. The jobs I have taken either took advantage of me as a worker (am a hard worker), worked with mean people, went through sexual harrassment more times than I care to think about, etc....Now that I have a bad back and other health issues, the future looks bleak. I try to be brave, but, It is depressing! K.S.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 58

Spend it with my children and grandchildrne. have a band and dance. I will be 72. best years of my life.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 58

What I would really like for my next birthday is the chance to have someone take me (drive) to a beach for the first time in my life. I will be 61 and am afraid I will die before I ever get the chance to see one. Hoping it is everything I have dreamed of. I have buried my mom from cancer, my dad died 3 years prior to my mom, then I battled cancer at 56, a divorce after 32 years (25 of it marriage), one crappy job after another, that's not even a tip of the iceberg on things that have happened. I just want some rest and peace in my life! K.S.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 58

I would like to have hotel a two night free and pancake and bacon two .small cup coffee. That's what I really like to have on my birthday . Which is coming up  in May 23. That's my birthday if someone ever  do that forever I'll turly appreciate 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 58

A winning MegaMillions ticket, please!  :-)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 58

I would like a new queen-size bed, firm mattress and box springs and yellow sheets and pillow cases for my birthday.  I have been sleeping on a double bed mattress and boxsprings encased in plastic zippered covers that are full of dead bed bugs since August of 2017.  It gives me the creeps.  Since the warmest part of the year is approaching, I dread the thought of continuing to sleep on plastic.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 58

I look back on my almost 69 years of birthdays, and this one doesn't require a thing.  I have so much!  A great husband, two awesome kids, two beautiful grandaughters, five dogs, a house that is paid for, and so much more.  Not much money, but lots more that I'm grateful for.  If I could ask for a wish it would be that there would be no more abuse - not to kids or dogs or any animal.  My only wish is that I could do something to stop it.  Maybe, if I make it to heaven, I can help God take care of all the dogs.  That's my wish!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 58

I so agree with the suggestions about de-cluttering. So many can use my unused pots and  pans, serving dishes, (many so large now that I don't cook for an entire family). clothes in good shape, clean linens, and so on.. I already bought myself a smaller set of good quality, stackable sauce-pans/saucepots that have lids.

From my children: a visit would be nice, and maybe a small potted kndoor plant.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 58

For grand-children to visit me.

Kudos
Views