Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 1 of 58

Me too

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 58

I understand that but even if you are not a gambler buy lotto tickets this week I don't usually buy them but what do we have to lose $5 perhaps

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 58

Me too! but no house I've had too many already

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 58
I would like good health and a Big surprise!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 58

@dg4631715 wrote:

Well my Birthday is June 27 th, 1956 and to be honest with u all i haven't had a house in years so that's what i would love to have more than anything in this world.God bless u all and pray that i get my wish , thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear dg4631715,

Well, after I get "MY" birthday wish....to win the jackpot of either Mega or Powerball,  I will look you up and you can pick out any little ol' house you wish.  Dag nabbit!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 58

A Fluance RT81 turntable. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 58

I would really like healing if there is such a thing for my grandsons schizophrenia thing I could live or die in peace

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 58

I took a whole week off from work for my birthday present to myself and that was great!  But what I'd "really" like for my birthday, is another whole week off!Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 58

@ks60939858 wrote:

I would just like to have some money to quit worrying and pay some bills and have money set aside for medical bills. I divorced 14 yrs ago for valid reasons after being with him 32 yrs. almost 25 married, two grown kids. I have struggled since, faced cancer, now lymphedema, have a gene mutation that makes me higher risk for more cancer, back is bone to bone, 3 hernias and still taking hard, physical jobs. I have thought about just ending it all, but, then I think of my little grandson and try to just keep hoping something changes and soon. Yesterday, I just had to fork out another 225.00 for yet another 'surprise' home repair that came up suddenly. I just want to visit a beach for the first time before I die, I am going on 61, so doubt that happens either. I try to still be nice, have humor, but, it is getting harder to care when the people I sacrificed for seems to go on with their busy lives......

Hello

and and thank you for your post.  

Have you tried sitting down with your loved ones and telling them this?  If not, why not?  Maybe they are so busy with their daily lives that they have no idea that you feel this way.  Maybe it is time to see about home sharing or some other alternative and maybe someone in your family would like to go to the beach with you.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 58

I would just like to have some money to quit worrying and pay some bills and have money set aside for medical bills. I divorced 14 yrs ago for valid reasons after being with him 32 yrs. almost 25 married, two grown kids. I have struggled since, faced cancer, now lymphedema, have a gene mutation that makes me higher risk for more cancer, back is bone to bone, 3 hernias and still taking hard, physical jobs. I have thought about just ending it all, but, then I think of my little grandson and try to just keep hoping something changes and soon. Yesterday, I just had to fork out another 225.00 for yet another 'surprise' home repair that came up suddenly. I just want to visit a beach for the first time before I die, I am going on 61, so doubt that happens either. I try to still be nice, have humor, but, it is getting harder to care when the people I sacrificed for seems to go on with their busy lives......

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera