Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 31 of 58

I just had my 88th birthday so I'd for a NEXT birthday.  But be prepared yourselft. this is the most challenging  perion of your life.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 58
YESSSSS!!!!!!! Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 58

Ferrari 🏎

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 58

I told my kids all I want is to hug my grandchildren and spend the day laughing and enjoying their company.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 58

Agreed!  This is an excellent topic!

It's funny, as a child, I LOVED receiving money or gift certificates.  Then in my 20's,  30's and 40's, I found both to be a lack of creativity and impersonal.  Now in my 50's, I again LOVE receiving a gift card- whether its to an on-line site or a brick and mortar store/restaurant, or activity!

A boss once gave me a monthly cleaning service for a year!  That was a great gift!  Smiley Happy 

I've had friends who's husbands gave them appliances or tires as presents.  I understand how that is practical and how it may have been making her life easier or in the case of replacing bad tires, saving her life....but that's just a bit too practical for me! 

I like to receive the somewhat impratical "splurge" gifts that I am reluctant to purchase for myself on a frequent basis, ie: Blue Apron, Wine Club, Massage, Broadway theater tickets, etc.

But as it was said before, it really is the thought that counts! 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 58

Take me out to dinner, give me restaurant certificates, car wash gift cards, tickets for a play, six pack of a favorite IPA beer, etc. Last year I got cabernet sauvignon wine concentrate and that was very nice because I make wine.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 58

Mostly as many said, spending time with family in some sort of way.  If they insist on a gift, just make a deposit into my travel account!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 58
I'd like a new wrist watch, about $20.00 from Amazon.Com Also, I now have a Digital Video Recorder from Spectrum Cable TV, but no instructions on how to record with it. Since it isn't as simple as VCR recording, I'd like to receive "Home Theater for Dummies," hopefully so that I may do some DVR recording. My 60th birthday would be this coming April 23. Thank you.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 58

What I really want for my birthday is a car and too be able to finally take a vacation and take my sister and not to worrie about money

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 58

Time with my son is what I cherish.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera