You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Safe Driving course! Use code BELLS to save 25 percent now.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 51 of 58

another mustang in 2020 (55th anniversary mustang)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 58

I don't really have anything i want or need for my birthday but i have a funny story about a gift i received from my ex-husband one Valentines Day ...  this was years ago., and did i mention he is my EX husband .... anyway, he gave me a bathroom scale, no candy in a heart shaped box! Hahah ... I got the message i guess, but later he got the message from me!  Today thankfully we get along as we had 3 boys and now 12 grandchildren. Things have a way of working out i guess Smiley Happy. And today i probably could use a bathroom scale but I'm not gonna let anyone judge, critique or shame me, never again.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 58

1 ounce silver bullion is my preference. It is small and easy to store. It gives me pleasure owning it and when I need the value, I can sell it to cover the costs of aging or to travel or whatever my heart desires. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 58

Like Miss America I would like to see peace on Earth  I wish I could feel more confident our Planet will be here for my children and their children  I only hope I will be able to live out my life with less worry about if I'll have a roof over my head,food on the table and to afford the care I will need in the years to come

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 58

Like you all, I don't need more things! If I need it, I probably have it already. There are so many well-intended gifts that I've received that went straight to donations. I've even received restaurant gift cards that were never used because I really don't care to go out to eat.

A pretty card is always welcome. Flowers are nice, too. I think that Amazon is the best choice for gift cards.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 58

@catwoman500wrote:

Great topic!

At this stage of my life, I don't need "things." I'd love a service like a one or 2 time meal delivery, housecleaning, or a certificate to a nail salon, but ony if friends go, too. We did that a couple of times years ago and it was so much fun. We got mini facials and our nails done. Fun to do together!

I do like Amazon gift cards though. I do so much shopping on Amazon because it is easier than me trying to get around to stores.

Once someone gave me a Blue Apron certificate, but I hate to cook and even though there is everything included down to the last salt grain, the prep was hard on me. I can't stand for that long and sitting was not an option since I would have been up and down too much. N.

Great great suggestions! and I agree with them all.   

You are right.  I do not need things!  in fact I continuously purge because I live in a condo and dont like cluttter.  So service certificates would be wonderful and gift cards too!   Flowers or cookie baskets are nice too and always appreciated.  You could subsitute cookies with fruit or other things a person particularly likes.  

Take your friends out to a movie or a show or play.  There are countless ways to do things together!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 58

Great topic!

At this stage of my life, I don't need "things." I'd love a service like a one or 2 time meal delivery, housecleaning, or a certificate to a nail salon, but ony if friends go, too. We did that a couple of times years ago and it was so much fun. We got mini facials and our nails done. Fun to do together!

I do like Amazon gift cards though. I do so much shopping on Amazon because it is easier than me trying to get around to stores.

Once someone gave me a Blue Apron certificate, but I hate to cook and even though there is everything included down to the last salt grain, the prep was hard on me. I can't stand for that long and sitting was not an option since I would have been up and down too much. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 58 of 58

I know that most of us receive gifts from loving family and or friends and we are happy to receive them... but

What would you really love to receive on your next birthday?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies