Having a Flexible Work Schedule Can Make You Feel (re)markable. Find a Part-Time Job on AARP’s Job Board.

Info Seeker

Re: What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 41 of 46

1 ounce silver bullion is my preference. It is small and easy to store. It gives me pleasure owning it and when I need the value, I can sell it to cover the costs of aging or to travel or whatever my heart desires. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 46

Like Miss America I would like to see peace on Earth  I wish I could feel more confident our Planet will be here for my children and their children  I only hope I will be able to live out my life with less worry about if I'll have a roof over my head,food on the table and to afford the care I will need in the years to come

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 46

Like you all, I don't need more things! If I need it, I probably have it already. There are so many well-intended gifts that I've received that went straight to donations. I've even received restaurant gift cards that were never used because I really don't care to go out to eat.

A pretty card is always welcome. Flowers are nice, too. I think that Amazon is the best choice for gift cards.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 46

@catwoman500wrote:

Great topic!

At this stage of my life, I don't need "things." I'd love a service like a one or 2 time meal delivery, housecleaning, or a certificate to a nail salon, but ony if friends go, too. We did that a couple of times years ago and it was so much fun. We got mini facials and our nails done. Fun to do together!

I do like Amazon gift cards though. I do so much shopping on Amazon because it is easier than me trying to get around to stores.

Once someone gave me a Blue Apron certificate, but I hate to cook and even though there is everything included down to the last salt grain, the prep was hard on me. I can't stand for that long and sitting was not an option since I would have been up and down too much. N.

Great great suggestions! and I agree with them all.   

You are right.  I do not need things!  in fact I continuously purge because I live in a condo and dont like cluttter.  So service certificates would be wonderful and gift cards too!   Flowers or cookie baskets are nice too and always appreciated.  You could subsitute cookies with fruit or other things a person particularly likes.  

Take your friends out to a movie or a show or play.  There are countless ways to do things together!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 46

Great topic!

At this stage of my life, I don't need "things." I'd love a service like a one or 2 time meal delivery, housecleaning, or a certificate to a nail salon, but ony if friends go, too. We did that a couple of times years ago and it was so much fun. We got mini facials and our nails done. Fun to do together!

I do like Amazon gift cards though. I do so much shopping on Amazon because it is easier than me trying to get around to stores.

Once someone gave me a Blue Apron certificate, but I hate to cook and even though there is everything included down to the last salt grain, the prep was hard on me. I can't stand for that long and sitting was not an option since I would have been up and down too much. N.

Treasured Social Butterfly

What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 46 of 46

I know that most of us receive gifts from loving family and or friends and we are happy to receive them... but

What would you really love to receive on your next birthday?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith