AARP Live shares tips on how to protect yourself before and after a natural disaster. Watch at 10 p.m. ET.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 41 of 50

A:  A fancy (w/a freezing unit) ice-cream maker is the only "thing" I want.

B:  Financial security

C:  If you can't give me B, take me out to a nice dinner or buy me some services at the local day spa that I love!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 50

If I had my rathers, I would love personal things: Like my favorite perfume, books that I love to read, go out with my daughter to lunch, just hanging out with my family like all of us together with no drama!!  I'm not to iterested in food products or things to use in my kitchen!!  Been there done that.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 50

another mustang in 2020 (55th anniversary mustang)

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 50

I don't really have anything i want or need for my birthday but i have a funny story about a gift i received from my ex-husband one Valentines Day ...  this was years ago., and did i mention he is my EX husband .... anyway, he gave me a bathroom scale, no candy in a heart shaped box! Hahah ... I got the message i guess, but later he got the message from me!  Today thankfully we get along as we had 3 boys and now 12 grandchildren. Things have a way of working out i guess Smiley Happy. And today i probably could use a bathroom scale but I'm not gonna let anyone judge, critique or shame me, never again.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 50

1 ounce silver bullion is my preference. It is small and easy to store. It gives me pleasure owning it and when I need the value, I can sell it to cover the costs of aging or to travel or whatever my heart desires. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 50

Like Miss America I would like to see peace on Earth  I wish I could feel more confident our Planet will be here for my children and their children  I only hope I will be able to live out my life with less worry about if I'll have a roof over my head,food on the table and to afford the care I will need in the years to come

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 50

Like you all, I don't need more things! If I need it, I probably have it already. There are so many well-intended gifts that I've received that went straight to donations. I've even received restaurant gift cards that were never used because I really don't care to go out to eat.

A pretty card is always welcome. Flowers are nice, too. I think that Amazon is the best choice for gift cards.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 50

@catwoman500wrote:

Great topic!

At this stage of my life, I don't need "things." I'd love a service like a one or 2 time meal delivery, housecleaning, or a certificate to a nail salon, but ony if friends go, too. We did that a couple of times years ago and it was so much fun. We got mini facials and our nails done. Fun to do together!

I do like Amazon gift cards though. I do so much shopping on Amazon because it is easier than me trying to get around to stores.

Once someone gave me a Blue Apron certificate, but I hate to cook and even though there is everything included down to the last salt grain, the prep was hard on me. I can't stand for that long and sitting was not an option since I would have been up and down too much. N.

Great great suggestions! and I agree with them all.   

You are right.  I do not need things!  in fact I continuously purge because I live in a condo and dont like cluttter.  So service certificates would be wonderful and gift cards too!   Flowers or cookie baskets are nice too and always appreciated.  You could subsitute cookies with fruit or other things a person particularly likes.  

Take your friends out to a movie or a show or play.  There are countless ways to do things together!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 50

Great topic!

At this stage of my life, I don't need "things." I'd love a service like a one or 2 time meal delivery, housecleaning, or a certificate to a nail salon, but ony if friends go, too. We did that a couple of times years ago and it was so much fun. We got mini facials and our nails done. Fun to do together!

I do like Amazon gift cards though. I do so much shopping on Amazon because it is easier than me trying to get around to stores.

Once someone gave me a Blue Apron certificate, but I hate to cook and even though there is everything included down to the last salt grain, the prep was hard on me. I can't stand for that long and sitting was not an option since I would have been up and down too much. N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

What Would You Really Like for Your Next Birthday?

Message 50 of 50

I know that most of us receive gifts from loving family and or friends and we are happy to receive them... but

What would you really love to receive on your next birthday?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies