Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Motivates You To Live A Better Life?

Message 1 of 13

Senior athletes, both those I know personally and those I read about.

At one of our race events last season, there was a 90 year old cyclist who took 15 minutes off the course record for that race in his age bracket (90-94).

15 minutes.

90 years old.

And my time on that course, while being the new course record for my age bracket, was less than 2 minutes faster than his.

This is wildly motivating to me, as I enter my third season of racing. Wildly motivating.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Just knowing that the way I live my day-to-day life is what keeps me happy is sufficient motivation to keep living well.  Good friends, healthy food, exercise that I like to do, involvement in activities that I enjoy, close contact with my family, petting my assortment of animals, listening to classical music, working in the garden - these all motivate me and help me to live a better life.  

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

My vast financial holdings..............NOT!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

What motivates me to live a better life is laughter. I like to laugh. I enjoy living in the moment. I do not try to stretch too far out into the future because it is a mystery. I like to think about what I can do today that will make me laugh and smile. In everything I do, I want to be able to laugh and enjoy. I started this year with a job I did not like. I was laid off in January and noticed that I was not stressed out and I was laughing more and enjoying my life. I am back in school, full time, to finish my degree and hopefully when I graduate I will be able to find a job that will give me a better feeling, one in which I may laugh and enjoy.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

My faith in Jesus Christ.

Tom Higgins
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

It’s the only life so you might as well make it a good life.Loving family,good friends and every day you wake up starting your day living a good life.Taking care of oneself though out life pays off as you grow older and makes life much easier for all concerned.Happy out look is much healthier than a sad look on life and so much more fun. This is your one chance to live happy health and feeling good each day.This is not a dress rehearsal for life it’s now or never. Enjoy each day.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

My grandchildren.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

By definition, the betterness/improvement from before. Any other motivation is questionable.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Yes it does n5661921. Every little bit truly helps.😃

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

I REALLY DO ENJOY MEETING OTHER PEOPLE. SHARING THEIR STORIES AND EDUCATING MY SELF AS WELL. FATHER WAS A  COLNENAL  IN THE MARINES, NEVER SAW ANY ACTION. HE WAS A LAWYER FOR JAG. I WOULD NEVER PASS BOOT CAMP! . SO I JUST DO WHAT I CAN TO HELP OUT. BUT EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS RIGHT!!.

Kudos
Views