The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Is Your Secret To Being Content With Life And The Things That You Already Have?

Message 1 of 7

@DeniseD804772 wrote:

I wake up every morning (without fail) and thank God for...waking up; then I look around - I can see. Next if I can get out of bed - I am so grateful. Next I have water to take a shower. Next I can put on coffee. So thankful I have coffee, food. Next I am grateful to have a radio and t.v. to stay in touch with the world. Next I am grateful for a closet full of clothes. I have neighbors and am so thankful when I see that they are well and running errands. I have a computer so I can send messages to family members. I just say "thank you Lord". Sometimes they respond - sometimes they don't. It does not matter.  My life has been so rich and full I have enough memories to last a life time. I am grateful for a life well lived. I am grateful I survived events that I thought would kill me. I am grateful for the illnesses that brought me near death and I lived to be a better person. I am grateful for the time spent with family members now deceased. I take out old pictures and speak to them. I know that the love felt does not die when a person dies. I am totally and completely in love with Life. My Lord is Alive ! 

Dear Denise,

I so enjoyed your words here. I, too, am so thankful to God for life, health, strength, a sound mind, and pleasant surrondings in which my basic needs are met.  Although everything is not "perfect" and despite the upheavals around the world, I am blessed in my life and thanking God  for that every day! 

Be well and be blessed, Denise!

Lydia

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What Is Your Secret To Being Content With Life And The Things That You Already Have?

Message 2 of 7

I wake up every morning (without fail) and thank God for...waking up; then I look around - I can see. Next if I can get out of bed - I am so grateful. Next I have water to take a shower. Next I can put on coffee. So thankful I have coffee, food. Next I am grateful to have a radio and t.v. to stay in touch with the world. Next I am grateful for a closet full of clothes. I have neighbors and am so thankful when I see that they are well and running errands. I have a computer so I can send messages to family members. I just say "thank you Lord". Sometimes they respond - sometimes they don't. It does not matter.  My life has been so rich and full I have enough memories to last a life time. I am grateful for a life well lived. I am grateful I survived events that I thought would kill me. I am grateful for the illnesses that brought me near death and I lived to be a better person. I am grateful for the time spent with family members now deceased. I take out old pictures and speak to them. I know that the love felt does not die when a person dies. I am totally and completely in love with Life. My Lord is Alive ! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

I give my inner life priority and it allows me to deal better with the outer. Daily spiritual practice and study is powdrful and fortifies me to be more content, grateful and at peace in this chaotic world.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Very well stated

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7
I enjoy a quiet space. Tranquility. I have learned that prayer and reading The Word helps infuse my inner being with peace and the encouragement needed sometimes to press on. I don't have any great ambitions or major life goals right now and that seems to keep me content; knowing that I've done much of what I wanted to do already. So I don't have any regrets really or the feeling that I've missed out on something. Ultimately, having faith in God and believing in His far more perfect plan for me and all of us, keeps me content and at peace even in these very trying times.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

My secret is keep it simple! Don't worry about things I can't control. Make complex problems simpleby breaking down the problem, enjoy the moment. Always make people feel special and important. See the beauty all around me, tough situations just make me a stronger and better person. Smile and laugh alot, keep sense of humour and life is grand!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

What Is Your Secret To Being Content With Life And The Things That You Already Have?

Message 7 of 7

Knowing that I cannot take anything with me if I should die keeps me content with the little things in life and in my life. Having a whole lot of stuff is a distraction and can cause you to miss out on the more important things in life such as cementing relationships and marriages. Last but not least, having a close relationship with God and reading and meditating on the Bible helps me to be content and happy and to live a simple productive life. I can get more things down and more time for some needed relaxation. 😃😀

Kudos
Views
Replies