Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What Are Some Nice Things About Being A Senior Citizen?

Message 11 of 22

I don't have the anxiety about work and the sometimes toxic relationship, and politics at work. Traded that for neighbors and trying to stay away from traffic during peak times. I can get everything done at home. I can read the frivilous things. I can relax. I can concentrate on self and family. My family teases me I know all the news. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

Senior discounts across the board.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

When I started to read this I had to look see who wrote it, I thought I wrote it. Cudos to you 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

One thing I've found to be a "nice" thing about being a senior is the fact that I am slowing down physically right at the same time that I have far less and fewer reasons to move fast or with any urgency.  In essence, the pace of my life is slowing down and, for me, that's a good  thing!  

Happy in my shoes!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

Amen!!!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

I am well past wanting marriage my last companion was very nice he died and it hurt more than when m husband died, I just want to stay healthy physically and mentally I always pray for my children and grands the world has changed so much and is changing so fast civility has dimenished, which is my main concern you never know who is going to go off on you just for living.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22
Lol!😀😃 Sending you a high-five!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

I enjoy knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that other people's opinions about me are no measure of my worth. Therefore I enjoy wearing skin tight jeans, bright colors, long flowing gray hair, laughing out loud, smiling at strangers, and carrying on like I have not one care in the world.

I also greatly enjoy passing younger people on the bike trail ... especially when they try to out race me. Zoom zoom. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22
Other than learning to live on meager retirement earnings, I just do me at all times no matter who likes it or not. I'd love to marry again so that's something I pray about. Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

Am so very sorry about your disability n5661921. Hoping that you are doing well despite your injuries while dealing with the aftereffects. Yes, I can truly relate to what you are saying. You have put the icing on the cake! 😃

Kudos
Views