Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Message 1 of 20

@nyadrn, Bless you, Diane! Heart N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20
Dec 06, 2017
11 Delicious Facts You Never Knew About Girl Scout Cookies

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hi, Everyone, I'm taking the opportunity to apologize to any former, present-day, or future Girl Scouts for the twists and turns that has taken this discussion down the rabbit hole.

We all feel your pain  hahahahahhaha

In my department alone, in a huge global company, hundreds of boxes of these cookies are sold, eaten and shared.   I am pretty sure that people know the content of cookies but no one cares.  

My favorite is Samoas 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@HammH wrote:

All comments welcome? OK. I think you probably owe @Epster and apology, @catwoman500. Truth isn't negative or positive. Truth just is

As for me, I'm a reformed Girl Scout cookie customer. I don't eat them anymore but used to take the Thin Mints. 

@HammH  Smiley Happy Thanks Hank! You know how to read me because you know me irl. BTB: zoom zoom today! Word is the trail is cleared. (GM said so: I know it's true! Smiley Happy) See ya out there!

PS Thin Mints? I didn't know.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

All comments welcome? OK. I think you probably owe @Epster and apology, @catwoman500. Truth isn't negative or positive. Truth just is

As for me, I'm a reformed Girl Scout cookie customer. I don't eat them anymore but used to take the Thin Mints.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@Loulit, I have never tried the peanut butter gauchos. Sounds good!Cat Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

Hi, Everyone, I'm taking the opportunity to apologize to any former, present-day, or future Girl Scouts for the twists and turns that has taken this discussion down the rabbit hole.

It started out as an innocent question to you all since the annual Girl Scout cookie sale has just begun.

I thought maybe those who enjoy or have enjoyed the famous cookies would like to voice their opinion on a favorite. No big deal.

I never foresaw that anyone who didn't have interest in the GS cookies would care to comment. Of course comments are always welcome, but I had no idea there would be negative comments on a simple little cookie question.

@MaVolta, @Loulit, Thanks for your contributions to the original question. Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

Don't shoot the messenger. The nutritional facts about Girl Scout cookies (and Larabars) remain the same whether we like it or not. Moderation in all things, yadda, yadda, yadda.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

Ha! Giggle away, but please don't go "preachy" on a Girl scout cookie topic. Cat Wink

No one said I didn't care about good health; I do, but the occasional cookie is not going to kill me.

"Let them be"...informed about nutritional value of whatever in one of the health discussion community groups.

C&C (calorie and carbs) count for the Lara bar was OK. I only wanted it as a grab and go breakfast, but YUCK! Cat Tongue Tasted like someone already ate it...you know: ABCD&E food (already been chewed, digested, & eliminated.)

So...back to Girl Scout Cookies, anyone? Cat Very Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@catwoman500  You make me giggle. Thanks for that. Smiley Happy

I consider putting out good health information to be quite positive. Smiley Happy You may not care a whit about good health, but others do. Let them be. Smiley Happy

PS I don't eat Lara Bars: they have too many calories and carbs for me. 

Larabar.png

Kudos
Views