With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Message 11 of 20

Nope, no one cares...it's a friggin' cookie and this was supposed to be a lighthearted, positive topic.

Anyone for a Lara bar? It's supposed to be "food made from food!" Cat LOL Taste like something that has "passed through" something else...like a certain type of coffee bean. Cat Tongue

Sorry for the side bar...Back to the question..WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE? Heart

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

Here's another link about Girl Scout cookies. This article focuses on which varieties are the worst for you (in case anyone cares) Smiley Happy

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/these-are-the-girl-scout-cookies-that-are-unbelievably-bad...

I figure that since homemade from-scratch cookies with no preservatives are not a healthy food, mass produced cookies with a long shelf life are not even food. I'm silly like that. Smiley Happy 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

@MaVolta. Yes, Really! Vegan! I was very surprised since I never look at labels of cookies and dumb stuff like that since I figure I don't eat them that often to ruin my life. Cat LOL So when I found that link to share I noticed the ones with cranberry bits. I didn't see them at my GS cookie stand though. Maybe because I wasn't looking? N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

Holy vegetating, Catwoman! My Thin Mints are Vegan!! Cat Very Happy

There are also cookie flavors listed that I've never seen, or at least, noticed before. I'll need to try one of those with the cranberry bits, too.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

@catwoman500 LOL. Well, you know, if they were thinking of the whole truth in advertising thing, maybe they should consider that. Smiley Happy

A given troop's desire/need to raise money is not my issue. My health is my chief concern here. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

OK…Nice visual…maybe the little girls trying to raise money for their troops and trying to sell the most cookies for a coveted prize should stand behind their sales booths in Hazmat gear? Geeze, Louise! Cat LOL

Anyway, for those of you who have a problem with the ingredients of GSA cookies, check out some of the more nutritionally friendly ones:

http://thegreenplate.com/blog/vegan-girl-scout-cookies-you-bet/

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

Oh, is it? I didn't know. I've actually never bought a Girl Scout cookie, and haven't eaten one, either. So I don't have a favorite. 

The thing is, if you read the labels, you'll run away screaming something like "Call Hazmat!". Or at least I've always had to fight that urge. Weirdo that I am. Smiley Happy

Epster, who does not have a sweet tooth, and realizes that isn't considered normal Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

I always look forward to Thin Mints!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

The peanut butter gauchos. Not the chocolate and peanut butter cookies, I mean the ones that look like Oreos but are all peanut butter.  When I was a kid I would crunch them up into a bowl, add milk, and eat them like cereal. Still my favorites.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Message 20 of 20

It's Girl Scout Cookie time again!

While grocery shopping yesterday I saw that the girls had set up their stand in the lobby and were excited about the cookie sale.

I have always been a fan of the the Thin Mints and Samoas/Caramel deLites, but this year decided to add Lemonades to my purchases. WOW! These are really tasty with a thin lemon frosting on the bottom, and they are a nice size.

Girl Scout cookies freeze well. I should know. I usually eat a couple and then hide them in the freezer in the basement until I really NEED a cookie fix. Cat Happy

Kudos
Views
Replies