WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: UNEXPECTED SURPRISE

Message 1 of 8
Thanks Epster! Should be fun!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8
Good for you Astraea!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8
Gaill_1 - For sure! FAME is NOT for everyone.
I'll be amazed if they even use whatever scene we shoot.
Thanks for the note!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@ASTRAEA  A whole house generator is a smart idea, especially for seniors in areas that lose power. Couple dozen kudos to you for bringing it up. Smiley Happy

And how fun that you got to be in the informercial! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@SIMPLEGAL - Relax & enjoy the experience!

I live on the Jersey shore, and the year before Superstorm Sandy, we had Hurricane Irene. I wasn't affected, but friends were without power for a week, and I thought seriously about how disruptive it was, and had a whole house generator installed. I thought it would be like "insurance" .. something you have, but almost never need! Then came Superstorm Sandy, and the entire region was without power for a week or longer .. but I had my generator, so life was normal & comfortable. After the storm, I wrote a letter to the generator manufacturer, telling them about my good experience .. and I was contacted by a media company putting together a long infomercial for them, asking if I wanted to participate! It was definitely not something I'd ever thought about, but I decided to do it, and it was a lot of fun! They had a crew of 4 or 5 people come to my home, decide locations they wanted to use, and their "on screen talent" talked to me about my experience during the storm, so he could prep both of us for an "interview" to be filmed. He would then ask me a question, and they'd just film my response. It was a fun day. When the infomercial came out, I'd have friends tell me they'd been so surprised to see me on TV .. and people still mention it occasionally, especially if they're Googling online researching a generator for themselves!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@SIMPLEGAL

You go Girl but watch out because you don't want to become TOO famous - all those folks hounding you for an autograph and the paparazzi following you everywhere.  Stay incognito!

Have Fun !   Woman Very Happy

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@SIMPLEGAL  How completely wonderful!  I hope you enjoy the experience and further hope this is the start of something big for you. Yay you!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

UNEXPECTED SURPRISE

Message 8 of 8
Life is sometimes surprising and for me it happened last Friday.  I received a call from "The Villages" Marketing and Sales Department saying they are doing a photo shoot and asked if I would be interested doing a scene with another woman having coffee and browsing shops in the square.  I couldn't believe it!  There must be a mistake!  My first response was NO as I have no idea how to "act" but then I thought WHY NOT?  I'm very excited about having a new experience and it should be FUN!
If all goes well I might even consider doing some "extra" work - if the opportunity arises.

Seniors are in demand for all sorts of unusual projects. I guess you are never to old to be
considered useful.
Kudos
Views
Replies