To Google map or do it the old way....

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

To Google map or do it the old way....

Message 1 of 1

Do you ever depend on your Google map when driving to an appointment? I frequently do and did today, but today she would not speek! Maddening!

I need to have my will updated so I found someone who would assist me in another town. I googled the directions, clicked Start but she didn't speek. The directions were simple, I knew the freeways involved and the approximate area where I was going, so I threw my better instincts out the window and off I went.

Guess what; I never got there! Oh I was within 3 streets of my destination but the road I was looking for did not appear. Now being late, I called the man I was going to see and he told me what to look for, but it turned out that what he was telling me, actually exists at both ends of a street I was traveling. Guess again: Yup, I was at the wrong end on the other side of town.

We made new arrangements and when I got home and came to my computer to see if I might have forgotten something about the voice aspect of Google maps, it turned out that everything on my phone was indeed working, and the wench actually told me to take a right on Altura Ave. Yup, here at my desk when I did not need her assistance she spoke, but in the car when I needed her to speek, total silence!

ARGH!

Sir Granny Tracy
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Jeopardy!® for AARP Tournament! Play now until Jan. 17 for a chance to win up to $500 from AARP. See Rules.

jeopardy for aarp logo