From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell us about someone or something you miss from your childhood.

Message 41 of 55

ICE CREAM SODAS

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 55

I miss the freedom that I had as a child, to run around playing outside barefoot, riding my bike all over the whole neighborhood. Staying outside playing with all the neighborhood kids until my mom flickered the front porch light. Summers spent at the lake, girl scout camp, church camp.  Life was so simple then. I do miss it, but I do have the memories.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 55

I miss Lower Eastside NYC in the 1940's when I was a kid. It was a different world than today. So many memories. Riding the subway to Coney Island, Brighten Beach, Prospect & Central Parks, etc. shopping at Macy's Herald Square, A&S, etc. Taking family to the Statue of Liberty & Empire State Building. Most of all I miss my parents. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 55

I miss Charlie Jones. He was my elementary, junior high, and high school sweetheart. We grew up together but separated three months after getting engaged. I dream about him often

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 55

I miss riding my trike at 4 years old and knowing that my mommy was right inside the house if I needed her for anthting like a couple of saltine crackers or a cube of sugar to give to our horse, Gypsy.  I do miss those times and my mother so much!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 55

I miss someone telling me to go outside to play. Carefree time to swing our swing set, play tag, play jacks or even go for walks without worrying about dangerous people out there in their own neighborhood.   

Poor Farm Kid
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 55

I miss my mom, who passed away very recently.

There was a pastry made by Langendorff.  I don't remember what it was called.  It was a sort of dense cinnamon roll type of thing.  I loved those as a kid & can't find anything like it today.

I miss the horses & other animals I grew up with.

I miss silence.  I grew up in the country.  It was quiet there.  When I wanted to be alone, I'd go walking through the grape vinyard or peach orchard by myself, or sit in the pasture with the horses.

I miss simplicity.  Technology is great, but it's often so overwhelming.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 55

@k755624l  You reminded me of a candy truck that was in our neighborhood as a kid.  Just like the ice cream truck but he sold candy before and after school.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 55

I miss living next to the candy store the most.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 55

Summers!  I miss the simplicity of playing games in the street.  Riding bikes until dark.  Sitting on my front stoop (I grew up in the Bronx) with my favorite uncle from Queens, who would bring plum tomatoes in a brown paper bag and we'd eat them while we talked.  Waiting for my dad to return from his 2 weeks away with the National Guard, and the dog would cry for half hour with the rest of us, so happy that he was back.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season