Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell us about someone or something you miss from your childhood.

Message 21 of 55

I miss the Good Humor man.  Jing, jing, jing, jing!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 55

@andyperr wrote:

Elm Trees. These majestic giants used to dot the New England landscape. Now it's a real treat to see one solitary soldier thriving in a meadow or along a road somewhere. Makes you wonder what other natural beauty is about to disappear.

Come to think of it, I don't even remember what an elm looks like. How sad.

But, one tree i'll never miss is that gum-ball tree.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 55

Drive-In Movies    bringing home popped popcorn and a slew of junk food.... It signaled the real beginning of summertime!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 55

I miss Sat. afternoon cowboy movies...date night..sock hops..American bandstand..living in the country...A&W rootbeer stands ...country cooking but most of all I miss my friends and family.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 55

Elm Trees. These majestic giants used to dot the New England landscape. Now it's a real treat to see one solitary soldier thriving in a meadow or along a road somewhere. Makes you wonder what other natural beauty is about to disappear.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 55

Time to play.  The endless possibilities of looking forward--now all I have is looking back.  Life was so much simpler.  You had to take care of what you bought because it WAS BUILT TO LAST.  The sense of wonder. Just too much to say here!

50s child
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 55

I would have to say the one thing I miss dearly was never getting to meet and know my twin bother Bill. My mom had twin boys Joe and Bill they where both hit by a drunk driver as they where walking home. They both where 16 years old at that time Joe was in the hospital for a long time and it killed Bill instantly. I was about very young so I don't remember his face or growing up with him. I just picture what it would be like to have both bothers that where identical to live with and play with.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 55

Gets an "AMEN" from me! Playing kick the can and once the street lights came on that was our curfew! Getting the Italian ice from the musical truck was also a welcomes pleasure! Yes...it was a simpler time and I MISS those days!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 55

I miss the feeling I got walking home from the last day of school and dreaming of the seemingly endless possibilities of summer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 55

@rockaria wrote:

I miss simplicity.  Technology is great, but it's often so overwhelming.

It's not the technology that's overwhelming. What's overwhelming is that it's not made to last. It's designed to make them money, and you broke. I miss simplicity too. but the right kind & quality of tech can automate the things you don't want to mess with. And longevity means you don't have to keep doing it over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over &.......................................................................................................

Kudos
Views