Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?NO

Message 51 of 68

I'll never get a tattoo,...but It's a personal choice & you're certainly are welcome to tattoos if you want them!

Although, my 2 thoughts are:

1) If a pix goes out of style (re: circle of thorns around upper arm), you're just about stuck w/the tattoo for life. There may be some "erasure options", but I bet they're not wonderful! I know I'd get bored with an image after a few months & totally frustrated if I can't change it.

2) There's a lack of imagination in youth, that they can't imagine themselves 65yrs old with flabby, baggy skin & wrinkles,...doesn't do much for a tattoo image, I can tell you! And on top of that, the inks bleed & fade after only a few years,...yuck!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?

Message 52 of 68

I do not have any tattoos or plans to get one.  They are very mainstream today.  I grew up in age age when sailors and motorcycle riders had them.  I can't think of any message that I would want on my body forever. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ? Do you have one? No

Message 53 of 68
No. Don't intend on getting one. Don't like them.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 68

Personally, I don't care for them. There was a time when only sailors, tough guys, or bikers had them. Nowadays, you see them on everyone, from athletes to soccer moms to teens. You see everything from tiny tattoos to almost full body coverage. Why anyone would go for the body works is beyond me, as it seems it would be very painful. But to each his/her own is the way I look at it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 68

My dad was a World War II Navy sailors.   He never got any tattoos, he always told me that if I ever thought I wanted a tattoo, I should get it on my pecker.  Never did.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

? Do you have one? No

Message 56 of 68

@nyadrn wrote:

Tattoos.  Whether you love or hate them, they have gone mainstream.   

So do you have one?  Would you like to?   Do you plan to?   

IMG_0827.JPG

I don't have any but almost everyone in my family does. I don't like them. They remind me of Nazi Germany.. But it is each persons 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 68

I have four of them. Upper arms, across my upper back and a small one on my left thigh. I didn't get my first one until I was in my late 40s - I hadn't decided on anything that I wanted added to my body permanently. Now I'm 67 and want one more.

I've never thought that tattoos defined a person's integrity or morals. I've met many people with tattoos from many different walks of life. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 68

No

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?no

Message 59 of 68

@nyadrn wrote:

Tattoos.  Whether you love or hate them, they have gone mainstream.   

So do you have one?  Would you like to?   Do you plan to?   

IMG_0827.JPG

No. Everyone in my family living has at least one. I never liked them. They remind me of Nazi Germany. But it's each persons choice.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?NO

Message 60 of 68

Tatoos have become the most disgusting fad in this century.  Only a mentally imbalanced would allow their body to be "painted".

Kudos
Views