Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?

Message 31 of 68

kc9263 wrote:

Wow! A lot of opinions.  I am brave to say that I do have tattoos.  The main being a full chest tattoo.  I underwent a bilateral mastectomey due to Breast Cancer and after 4 recurrences was left with a completely disfigured chest which I hid.  Thrown into severe depression  I decided to do something to try and feel better about myself.  I have a beautiful piece of Art now and I wear a true smile in my heart and on my face.

Thank you for being brave. 

I am a a rock and roll lover and I like tattoos but so fo not have any. My opinion.  I respect others personal opinions. I do not make assumptions about others character based on their skin art if lack of.  All adults have the right to choose body art or not. Thanks for sharing!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 68

thunder1763 wrote:

Curiously, there seems to be very little interest in this topic - one way or the other, as most responses or maybe they were reactions are a decade old. So why does AARP think a discussion is worthly, necessary or even pertinent? This seems to be an attempt to merely exploit another difference in perception and personal choice. Whether a person has 'ink' is their business. Yet many 'perceptions' and business practices tend to ostracize those that get or dislpay 'ink', that is a shameful display of sterotyping and prejudice.

@thunder1763  I don't know what you are looking at but I posted this topic this month so it is impossible for there to be responses that are a decade old.  No one is requiring you or anyone else to respond and you may therefore keep the info about whether or not you have a tattoo to yourself.  This is a general question. No ulterior motives involved.  Thank you for responding. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 68

No tattoos for me but that doesn't mean I never considered it.  As a teenager I looked at tattoos as too easy a way to be identified by the police and general populace, or misidentified.  Also, during simplier days, tattoos would make it harder to disappear without a trace and change you name to start a new life.  Hey, you never knew what might happen 20 years down the road!  ;-) What always stopped me after I joined the Navy was the forms that asked if you had any scars or tattoos, and seeing old tats on old sailors.  The question always seems to be on police identification forms, too.  "Be on the look out for a man, with an xxxx tattoo on his arm or neck."  Witness: "I don't remember much but he had a xxx tattoo on his left arm."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 68

md1303 wrote:

My dad was a World War II Navy sailors.   He never got any tattoos, he always told me that if I ever thought I wanted a tattoo, I should get it on my pecker.  Never did.

Ok thanks for weighing in on the subject.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?NO

Message 35 of 68

am8962 wrote:

Tatoos have become the most disgusting fad in this century.  Only a mentally imbalanced would allow their body to be "painted".

Ok well thanks for your opinion.

Why do you think they are so popular with many younger people?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 68

Used to want to get tats of my rescue Cocker Spaniels down my legs but I've had soooo many rescues I would need longer legs! My daughters have them and I am not impressed. Too bad they did not ask their Mother's opinion before inking. I'm all for tiny things that mean something and that can be hidden but a full sleeve on a female - ugh!    Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one? Yes.

Message 37 of 68

When I was a young man I worked as a carpenter for the government.  They required that no jewelry be worn especially finger rings for safety reasons.  My wife had a vivid imagination that without a wedding ring women would be in hot pursuit of me, why I have no idea.  To help ease her discomfort I had a small tattoo put on my ring finger right where the ring would be worn.  It was the first letter of her name so a V with a tiny purple heart in the middle of the V.  I no longer work carpentry so a gold wedding band is back worn over the tattoo.  I am a religious man so scriptural instruction has meaning to me.  In the book of Leviticus chapter 19 and verse 28 it reads "you must not make tattoo markings on yourselves".  I judge nobody except myself as God is the judge so I have no problem with others decissions to tattoo but after discovering the above verse I will not be getting any more tattoos.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 68

No, not for me.  While some have small tattoos where they are not visible or even in spots such as ankle shoulder etc. I have never had the desire to do this to my body.  Also the idea that you could possibly get Hepatitis would be a turn off.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 68

I woild never would have - why?

It is unfortunate that so many people are so insecure that they feel the need to mutilate themselves for worldly acceptance?

The worship of false idols is never good.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 68

i got my first tattoo when i was 44 years old, and my second tattoo when i was 45;  one is only visible when i have a bathing suit on, and the other is only visible when i have nothing on.  i got them for me and for no one else.  i do not find them repulsive and do not see anything wrong with them.  i think some people tend to go a bit over board with it and cover every square inch, but that is their choice.  judging someone because they have tattoos, or not, is ridiculous.

Kudos
Views