Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?

Message 11 of 68

Well first off you do think about the tat you want and get it done, anditmay be stupid to youbut you should think before you speak because people get hem for different reasons and that does not make it stupid!! So tired of people making egative comments to people that have them. Most people like myself do think about what happens to them as we get older and that is why you have to take care of them. What is ridiculous is when people choose to smoke when they know what it can do to them and in all honesty that is what i consider to be stupid and not thought out very well and to me smoking is self mutilation as is drug use etc.. Have a happy thanksgiving!! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 68

I really appreciate your positivity on this topic! eople have a tendency to not understand completely why people do it and then make idiculous statements about tattooos. I sometimes think they are just jealous that they re afraid to get them done and dislike those who do get them, then again this is only my opinion. I got my first when i was 18 and at 51 plan on getting more done on my back and legs, because i love tats. I do not get them to draw attention to myself because i don't need attention from anyone and that is just me. Again thank you for being positive. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 68

I will respect your opinion 2Papa, but you don't know me in the least and your take on tats are your opinion and it just appears you have no idea what tattoos mean to the people who get them. I have been happily married for 22 years and i have a home, a family, i exercise regularly and i am by no means insecure about myself. Another thing is people who get them don't get them to be accepted by other people who are tattoed, they get them for many reasons as did i!! I don't care what people think of my tats because i got what i wanted and what they mean to me, and most people with tats don't really worry about what someone else has on their body, it's all about what the tattoos mean to each individual. My wife has a couple and is very smart and knew exactly what she wanted and is a paralegal, and there are others in her profession where she works that also have them!, and she has no insecurities about herself. To be honest your statement sounds like insecurity to me!! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 68

I love my tatoo. I got it when I was 40. Its a good time to get one because you know what parts of your body are not going to sag. Noone wants to end up with a wilting rose or an elongated butterfly. At 40 my tatoo, a rose on my ankle meant to me. I may be getting older but I am young at heart. I have never had urge to get another but I look at it and smile. Now at 60 years old it means the same.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 68

I have 4 and each one corresponds to a special time in my life. Each one ranges in size from 1"-3", and they are located in areas where I can choose whether to show them or not. My oldest tattoo is 22 years old and is still vibrant. They are not for everybody, but those of us that choose to get inked, should not be harassed or shamed because of our choices.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 68

I personally don't like them and I think someone should think long and hard about what they are doing and why they are getting one.  It appears that many young people get them as a lark and then regret it later.  I told my children when they were in college that their financial aid from me would end if they got a visible tattoo.  Let them do it when they graduate.  And, they didn't.  (Didn't get a tattoo.  They did graduate.) 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 68

My opinion is that tats are disgusting and only insecure people get them!  They want to be accepted by the other tat bearers.  Baaaa!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 68

No on tats....its stupid and not well thought out....what happens when you get older...starts to look like a rash....its also self-mutilation...

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 68

Leviticus 19:28
28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Tom Higgins
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 68

I completely understand and i agree it was a distasteful comment, but no harm done!! 

Kudos
Views