Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?

Message 21 of 68
I respect everyone's opinion about this topic but luckily the work i did it wasn't an issue and also i have been a stay at home dad for fourteen years and i never get anything vulgar. I also plan on getting work done on my back.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 68
Here is my opinion. Just my own view. I don't mind some tats are very beautiful and stand for something in their lives!! But...call me a prude here goes anyway. I think MEN OR WOMAN that work with the public shouldn't have tons of them. I think it cheapens them. Like above a few that can be covered up at work are ok. I have seen very pretty tats and at one time thought I wanted to get one. My daughter has a beautiful has a HUMMINGBIRD on her shoulder with the names of her children's name. I love it but it is to big in my opinion. Another drawback is that the colors fade. OK Now I've said it. Have a great day!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 68
I meant that the comment (not the person) was ignorant that only mentally unstable people would get tattooed. No daggers to anything but the words
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 68

Hi 

I have 2 tattoos that I got in the Navy when they weren't popular and you could get in trouble for haveing one. No regrets. I am now 83 years old and my bruises look better than my tattoos.  I just hope that the young people realize that these pictures fade and blur over the years.  My 3 masted schooner with Homward Bound and a bouqut of roses look llike a couple of birthmarks or bruises.   Just something to think about as you get older

DEL

CWO4 USN Retired  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 68

I believe so!!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 68

No tattoos on my body.  All I can think of is the prisoners at former concentration camps who were involuntarily tattooed with numbers as identification.

I don't like to see graffiti anywhere - not on walls, streets, or people.  However, even though I have bad feelings toward those who deface public property, what they do to their own body is their business, and I don't judge them.  I do hope that those young people who choose to get a tattoo (or two) give it a lot of thought before doing it, and realize that this will be with them for the rest of their lives.  Also, if they do decide on the tattoo, I really hope that they investigate the parlor where they'll get this tattoo to make sure all sanitation rules are being followed, and that only non-toxic coloring agents and sterile equipment is being used.  And one last thing - I realize that art is in the eye of the beholder, but will you want that particular saying or design on you when you have children to whom you're supposed to be a role model?  Color away - but do it carefully and thoughfully.  But none for me.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 68
j499206w That's a rather small world view don't you think? And what does tattooing have to do with gods - false or otherwise?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 68

I've seen tattoos which are lovely, and some are awful as well. I feel that artwork should be on the wall, not injected ink into the largest organ of the body!! The one exception I have, is if someone needs to cover up an unsightly scar. I think tattoos look awful on older citizens...they fade, look ugly, and sag as people age!!

eventually dermatologists will make a huge amount of money when it's no longer a fad, and people want them removed permanently!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 68

Well at 51 I have my chest, stomach sleeved on both arms and on my hands, and on my left side,also  right upper shoulder and one on the front of my lower shins and on each calf. I  Never have judged anyone for what they do to their bodies and i just happen to love what i call living art!! So i suppose i must be seriously out of my head!! Great post by the way!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 68

j499206w wrote:

I woild never would have - why?

It is unfortunate that so many people are so insecure that they feel the need to mutilate themselves for worldly acceptance?

The worship of false idols is never good.

@j499206w   Why would you think people have body art for worldly acceptance?   How about they just like the way that they look?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera