Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?

Message 61 of 68

No.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 68

dnymud wrote:

Yes, I have four. I see nothing wrong with it if that is what you want to do. Times are changing and tattoos are becoming more common place. People should not be judged just because they have them.

Hi

i learned long ago to ignor anything said to me following the word "should" unless spoken by a Dr, my employer (to some extent) or maybe a Court officer. LOL. Otherwise I listen politely and do what I want. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 68

Yes, I have four. I see nothing wrong with it if that is what you want to do. Times are changing and tattoos are becoming more common place. People should not be judged just because they have them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 68

Yes, a beautiful Seashell on my right leg, near ankle.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 68

I'm of the no tattoos tribe. Have never, will never. So is DH. And as far as I know, so is our happy little band of senior athletes.

My dad had two Marine Corps tattoos. I grew up thinking tattoos were for soldiers and other tough men. Nowadays I see them on men, women, kids in their 20s and people in their 60s. 

I don't get it. I know I'll never get a tattoo.  I cannot imagine what marking will seem appropriate to me when I'm 80.

Remember 'permanent makeup'?  I wonder how those ladies look now and if they still champion the choice.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 68

Well I am really old, from a time when only drunk sailors got tattoos. I had one on my hand ( a girls initials) that I did myself when I was 14 years old. It became an embarrassment to me in business meetings when I became a professional at around 30 and I had it removed by a plastic surgeon at considerable cost.

It is hard for me to believe that women find that tattoos enhance there appearance. I gues I am to old to appreciate modern art Smiley Frustrated

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 68

I remember when tattoos were on guys. Young guys had hand done tattoos.  Women did not.  

Things have changed.  Tattoos are popular on men and women. TV shows about tattoo art are mainstream.  

What do you think?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tattoos Yes/no? Do you have one?

Message 68 of 68

Tattoos.  Whether you love or hate them, they have gone mainstream.   

So do you have one?  Would you like to?   Do you plan to?   

IMG_0827.JPG

Kudos
Views
Replies