AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Such WISDOM from the Nat'l Day of Prayer service...to deaf ears?

Message 1 of 7

@L42010 wrote:

Such WISDOM....Listen to what the Spiritual Leaders had to tell us immediately following the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks at the National Day of Prayer service held at the National Cathedral.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rIrvgnX753Y?start=7440" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Rev. Jane Holms Dickson - "Love lived out in Justice will prevail"

The Rev. Nathan D. Baxter - "We must respond with Justice and not revenge"; "Let us not become the evil we deplore"

Some of his prayer included: "Provide us with healing as a nation. Heal our grief. Soothe our suffering hearts. Save us from blind vengeance; From random prejudice and from crippling fear.....So, grant us WISDOM; Grant us courage; Grant us peace for the facing of this hour"

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi - "Goodness and evil are not equal. They fill the evil with the good.....But no one will be granted such goodness except those that exercise patience and restraint." "Keep us together as people of diverse faiths, colors and races. Keep our country strong for the sake of good."

Darn it...I've been working on this for a couple hours now and unfortunately the site didn't save all I had done. So, this is where I will end it!!! 

Today, on this day, let us not forget what it means to be human. How the light of our soul grows off from LOVE. I pray today for the better in mankind come to light, so it may flourish and spread.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@L42010 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

Ah. I think I see now. You’ve been watching The Family documentary on Netflix? Maybe?

@L42010 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

I learned long ago (not to say that I follow this rule all the time myself...unfortunately) to draft up my emails, forum replies, etc, in a text editor like Windows Notepad and then copy/paste into email or browser window, etc. I've lost too many missives on the job and in personal life by not doing so.

@L42010 wrote:

Darn it...I've been working on this for a couple hours now and unfortunately the site didn't save all I had done. So, this is where I will end it!!! 

@FredSmif Thank you for your response. I haven't got the "Authentication" message before here on the AARP community board, regardless, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Smiley LOL

No, no documentary. I was going to use the wisdom from these spiritual leaders during another very difficult time our country was dealing with terrorism, as we are now facing it, but just within our own borders. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Smiley Embarassed

Laurie, I feel your pain now. I just "lost" a long post on this site. Fortunately I had drafted this in Windows Notepad so I didn't lose the text. But I did have to redo the formatting. Like you, there was some message about "authentication failed" or something. So I reiterate my advice to all...do your draft in some text editor; browser-based editors are notoriously unreliable.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@FredSmif wrote:

Ah. I think I see now. You’ve been watching The Family documentary on Netflix? Maybe?

@L42010 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

I learned long ago (not to say that I follow this rule all the time myself...unfortunately) to draft up my emails, forum replies, etc, in a text editor like Windows Notepad and then copy/paste into email or browser window, etc. I've lost too many missives on the job and in personal life by not doing so.

@L42010 wrote:

@FredSmif Thank you for your response. I haven't got the "Authentication" message before here on the AARP community board, regardless, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Smiley LOL

No, no documentary. I was going to use the wisdom from these spiritual leaders during another very difficult time our country was dealing with terrorism, as we are now facing it, but just within our own borders. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Smiley Embarassed

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@L42010 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@FredSmif wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@L42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Such WISDOM from the Nat'l Day of Prayer service...to deaf ears?

Message 7 of 7

Such WISDOM....Listen to what the Spiritual Leaders had to tell us immediately following the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks at the National Day of Prayer service held at the National Cathedral.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rIrvgnX753Y?start=7440" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Rev. Jane Holms Dickson - "Love lived out in Justice will prevail"

The Rev. Nathan D. Baxter - "We must respond with Justice and not revenge"; "Let us not become the evil we deplore"

Some of his prayer included: "Provide us with healing as a nation. Heal our grief. Soothe our suffering hearts. Save us from blind vengeance; From random prejudice and from crippling fear.....So, grant us WISDOM; Grant us courage; Grant us peace for the facing of this hour"

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi - "Goodness and evil are not equal. They fill the evil with the good.....But no one will be granted such goodness except those that exercise patience and restraint." "Keep us together as people of diverse faiths, colors and races. Keep our country strong for the sake of good."

Kudos
Views
Replies